Journalism Career

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Z-mighty, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Z-mighty

Z-mighty Well-Known Member

As most youngins, I'm not too sure on what I want to be when it comes time to find a career but lately I've been liking the idea of doing something relating to journalism. Does anyone here know what kind of steps I should start taking to help that career? I'm a Junior in High School so I still have some time.

Currently I'm writing for a new gaming site, if that helps in some kind of way.

2. Influx

Influx Well-Known Member

do well in school and do a lot of reading and writing. you're a junior in high school, college isn't far away in the future. there are colleges that
    offer journalism as a major, perhaps if you're still interestd in journalism, you would major both in english and journalism.

i'm figuring you want to go into writing (recommend majoring in english too), although journalism can include reporting, photography, writing/editing.

good luck

3. HelloGoodbye

HelloGoodbye Well-Known Member

I believe thiers trade schools and you can also major in english.

4. varanus

varanus Well-Known Member

hmm u cuold try writing ur own mini paper lmao if that helps at all

5. Th3 PHaNToM

Th3 PHaNToM Well-Known Member

Cause a huge accident.. like maybe burn down a building.. and then be the first one on the scene to get an interview from a witness.. Having an exclusive interview from a witness at a major event might get you accepted into a journalism place quicker cuz you'd have the experience

PS- I'm stupid

6. Ice92888

Ice92888 Well-Known Member

Good base of vocab and grammar and of course the ability to attract people to your articles with words would help your career path. Essay writing and reading more articles is a good start.