Job Help

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by SniperStud, May 10, 2006.

1. SniperStud

SniperStud Well-Known Member

ok so here is my problem guys, i have a job, i work bout 40 hours a week in the summer, thas about 600$ every pay check, and i wanna get a new car, but my parents wont let me drive it until i can make payments and all that stuff, so at 600$ every two weeks, that is 3200 this summer, and this is all gross, i would have to work 6 horus a day every day of thweek to get 40 hours, btw, so what i wanna know is should i get a second job? i cant work over 40 hours at my current, and would a second job be to much in someone opinion? thanks for the help

2. .ArctiC.

.ArctiC. Well-Known Member

depends on why you need the car in the first place. if it's really important, you should go for it.

3. SniperStud

i have a car but its a pos, and im swtiching school, and i dont wanna drive a pos car around the new school.... besides trucks cant have more than 1 other person riding so i can never take friends.... kinda annoying accords can take 3 or so...

4. Dream30.

Dream30. Well-Known Member

Go buy a "Buy, Sell, Trade" and find something "cheapish" ($2500)...

With the remaining use the $700 to do any fix-ups on it.

Also, you say you already have a car... so sell that one, or trade in at a dealership. That way you can get an extra bit for payments. Working a part-time job during the school year will take care of insurance, etc. for the car.

5. SniperStud

the car im lookin at getting is 4k.... and the car im drving is my parents so i dont think ill be getting the money from it

6. Mr. Cheeky

Mr. Cheeky Well-Known Member

How old are you man? Still in school or no? If yes, what grade?

7. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

get a car mate.

iv been working for a while now and i just got tired of public transport so i booked a big block of lessons passed my therory then my test now im driving to work and i couldnt be happier ^_^ and it will be nice for the summer to :P

8. SniperStud

ill be a senior this coming year.....

9. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

Removed. Selling drugs will only get him sent to prison. Then the car will be useless.

10. .ArctiC.

.ArctiC. Well-Known Member

^^^lol

well, from what you're telling us, i think you should. i dunno how it is in your country, but here, in ours, once you become a senior, it's pretty useful. for studies and stuff. but we're more likely to buy a motorbike than a car.

11. SniperStud

yeah i can get school credits for workin too... so that would be nice, i wish i had the money for a street bike :S but i would get killed for insurance and stuff