Japan Will Have A New Friend, Likely.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huang2271984, Jan 11, 2007.

1. huang2271984

huang2271984 Member

This forum is for threads involving discussion only.

If you simply want to ask a quick question, or make threads such as links to videos or quizzes then post in the Off-Topic discussion forum!
    I think there will soon be another island that will become Japan.

I think Taiwan has a good chance of becoming a province of Japan in near future. Taiwan is an important piece to Japan despite Taiwan right now is not a part of Japan. It is true that Japan actually won't like to see that Taiwan being a part to China; thus, I believe they will take some actions upon this incident if China-Taiwan war really stirs up.

Here is an article why Taiwan's culture is strongly influenced by Japan:

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/arc...2/06/2003291777

Good schools due to Japan: Aso

IMPERIAL NOSTALGIA: Japan's foreign minister said that Taiwan's current high standards of education were made possible by Japan's 50-year colonial rule here

AGENCIES, TOKYO
    Monday, Feb 06, 2006, Page 2
    "Thanks to the significant improvement in educational standards and literacy [during colonization], Taiwan is now a country with a very high education level and keeps up with the current era."

Taro Aso, Japanese Foreign Minister

Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Aso said it was thanks to Tokyo's colonization of Taiwan that the country today enjoys such high education standards, a report said yesterday.

Aso said he believed Japan "did a good thing" to Taiwan during its occupation, such as implementing a compulsory education system, the Kyodo News agency said.

"Thanks to the significant improvement in educational standards and literacy [during colonization], Taiwan is now a country with a very high education level and keeps up with the current era," Aso was quoted as saying to an audience in western city of ----uoka.

"This is something I was told by an important figure in Taiwan and all the elderly people knew about it," Aso said.

"That was a time when I felt that, as expected, our predecessors did a good thing," he said.

Japan colonized Taiwan from 1895 to 1945 after China ceded Taiwan to Japan. During Japan's colonial rule, Taiwanese were forced to study and speak Japanese.

His remarks are likely to stir criticism, and also follow his comments that the Japanese emperor should visit a controversial Tokyo war shrine.

Aso last week said Emperor Akihito should visit the Yasukuni Shrine, which honors Japan's war dead, including 14 men convicted as war criminals by the Allies after World War II.

Visits to the shrine by top Japanese officials have sparked outrage from China and South Korea, which see the shrine as the symbol of Japan's militarist past.

Japan's diplomatic relations with China have already been at low ebb because of visits to the shrine by Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi, anti-Japanese riots in China and a host of other issues.

Late wartime emperor Hirohito stopped visiting Yasukuni shrine after it enshrined top war criminals in 1978. Since becoming emperor in 1989, Akihito has refrained from going to the Shinto sanctuary, which has become a thorn in relations with neighboring nations.

Aso had said it would be "best" if the emperor visited the shrine instead of only Koizumi, who has angered China and South Korea with an annual pilgrimage there.

Aso said soldiers had gone to war saying "Long live the emperor" and not hailing the prime minister.

The Japanese government later signalled that Emperor Akihito was unlikely to visit the war shrine.

Foreign ministry officials in Beijing were not available for comment on Aso's latest remarks.

Another story

http://cinemaspace.berkeley.edu/Papers/Cit...ss/behind1.html

CONTEXT I:The History of Taiwan
    Taiwan, originally named "Tapanga" by the aborigines, is an island initially inhabited by nine ethnic groups of aborigines belonging to Malayo-Polynesian system. The island was later renamed "Formosa" by the Portuguese. Since the 6th century, Chinese have emigrated to the island. Because the Chinese government originally prohibited official settlement of the island, Chinese emigres were either criminals or desperate peasants from the south-coast provinces.

With the coming of European imperialism to the Pacific, settlement of the island by both the Dutch and Spanish began in 1624, and the island entered her first period of colonial occupation. Han immigrants from mainland China played the role of mediators between the colonials and the aborigines. Like many other colonized countries in Asia and Africa, the western imperialists were interested only in colonial exploitation of the island's resources. While Taiwan became the supplier of raw materials for the Dutch, the development of the island had to wait until 1661 when Taiwan fell under the control of the Chinese. During this period, the population of Chinese immigrants rose to nearly 3 million. At this time, Taiwan shifted from an "immigrant society" to a "native society." (The terms are from anthropologist Chen Qinan) Painstaking assimilation or integration among various clans and sub-ethnic groups gradually occurred. Also, the Chinese government changed its prohibition policy and encouraged emigration to Taiwan. The aborigines during this period were either "assimilated" into the dominant Han culture or forced to emigrate to the interior and start their segregated life.

In 1895, about the time of the birth of cinema, China ceded Taiwan to Japan at the end of the first Sino-Japanese war and Taiwan entered another colonial period for 50 years. Japan colonized the island in the face of strong hostility from both Taiwanese and aborigines. After several massacres, the Japanese began their colonization. They attempted to "Japanize" the Taiwanese by making Japanese the official language of education and government. To this day, many older people in Taiwan can speak Japanese. During the war, the island was used as a major staging ground for the Japanese and upon their surrender it was passed on to the Nationalist government on the mainland. The Taiwanese celebrated their liberation from Japan, but it soon became clear that the mainlanders basically intended to maintain the colonial structures of exploitation only with Nationalist (Koumingtang [KMT] or Guomingdang) Chinese in control. When the Taiwanese rebelled in 1947, they were massacred in what is known as the February 28 Incident.

In subsequent years, modernization has fully transformed the structure of the society from a feudal / agricultural system into a capitalist / urban arena. After Chiang Kai-shek and his successor --- his eldest son --- died, political and social reforms have rapidly unfolded. In 1987 the martial law imposed by the Nationalists upon their arrival in Taiwan was revoked, making it possible for writers and filmmakers to broach the subject of 2.28.

For recent statistics on Taiwan, press here.

Main Table of Contents

Context I: History of Taiwan
    Context II: Taiwan New Cinema
    Context III: February 28 Incident
    Context IV: City of Sadness Controversy

2. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

well thats just great

3. GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru Well-Known Member

do you happen to be that annoying japanese kid who used to post useless crap like this?

EDIT: japanese kid i was talking about is RyoJapan

4. Addle Boy

Addle Boy Well-Known Member

You remind me of that RyoJapan guy... :huh:
    -good for japan i guess...

5. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

rofl, I was just thinking that

6. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Yes, please try that while we sit back and watch a one-sided nuclear war between the Chinese and the Japanese.

7. dr. acula

dr. acula Well-Known Member

who cares?

8. desertfox

desertfox Well-Known Member

People can also argue that http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/index.php...opic=300173&hl= is also useless. Its all a matter of opinion.

9. .:Apostle:.

.:Apostle:. Well-Known Member

haha same here

anyway I support China, so..

EDIT : ---- this , i cant write .p.r.o. in anyway

10. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

If you're Japanese, why is your username Chinese?

11. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

sweet?

12. dr. acula

dr. acula Well-Known Member

no.

13. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

ok

14. Machiavelli X

Machiavelli X Well-Known Member

Sorry but Taiwan WILL never become a part of Japan if it were too become then you can say Japan-China war and I highly doubt Japan would be willing to go to that risk. Maybe you got china and japan mixed up? Cause China deems Taiwan as its 23rd provience and has come close to attacking it many times in the past.

15. Sapphire Blade

Sapphire Blade Well-Known Member

Japan wouldn't risk it? sorry...but the chinese are kind of poor, and Japan has military aid from the U.S in any conflict. There may be more chinese...but that's just more of them who would die. They lack the neccessary funds to arm their troops, let alone feed their troops. Japan= most advanced culture (when it comes to technology/intellect), U.S.= war mongering country/super power.

no offense to any chinese though, i have a few chinese friends...but the result of that hypothetical conflict is one sided.