Jack The Ripper / Yorkshire Ripper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by David., Dec 13, 2006.

1. David.

David. Well-Known Member

http://news.sky.com/skynews/home

Just check the homepage there, its all about 5 prostitutes that have went missing from around Ipswich.

Anyone live near there?

Comments?

2. jimorrison

jimorrison Well-Known Member

sweet....

3. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

The police have been telling them to keep off the roads, maybe if the police did thier job in the 1st place they wouldnt be on the street and they wouldnt have a heroin addiction to pay for so they wouldnt need to be on the street

4. `c r e a m

`c r e a m Well-Known Member

i saw this on the news y'da or the day b4 when it was only 2 that were killed

its all over the front pages this mornin

5. Vanquisher

Vanquisher Well-Known Member

Ipswich is about 75 miles from me. Its pretty messed up to be honest. I feel bad for the girls and their parents. Its all very well for people to dismiss these women as merely prostitutes, somehow less than human.

You'll probably find that most came from an abusive home or relationship, became drug/alcohol dependant and this was the only way for their to make the money they needed. I think one family was just dealing with the fact that they discovered their daughter was selling her body for money.... now she's dead.

Prostitution should be legalized. Its the oldest "profession" in the world and there will always be women selling themselves for money. If it was regulated, the women tested for STD's and drugs, it would mean a safe environment for both the girls and the customers. It would also mean the pimps were out of business too.

6. David.

David. Well-Known Member

It was only yesterday that another two were found I think. I've read the books on Jack the Ripper and the Yorkshire Ripper.

The children whos mother was the Yorkshire Rippers first victim said she had problems with alchohol and was always bringing 'uncles' home.

I think this is the biggest news/murder story since Holy and Jessica..

7. [unique]

[unique] Active Member

woah i dont live round there but sounds scary

8. Dukers

Dukers Well-Known Member

:-( thats too bad. its pretty hard to lose someone close to you, but to be dealing with the fact that thier daughter has been selling her body, and then she turns up dead... wow.

9. klimax

klimax Well-Known Member

I come from yorkshire :S
    but not ipswich

10. ChaosEn3

ChaosEn3 Well-Known Member

Yeah I heard about this too 5 Murders in 10 days wow.....Lucky I live in London eh?.

11. David.

David. Well-Known Member

rareEFX how old are you?

I know that one of the girls was a heroin addict, more might have been as well, even though this is happening the vice girls are still working on the streets, police have said they will 'turn a blind eye' to prostitution until the murderer is caught and are asking all street girls to get the names of clients if possible.

12. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

prosties!
    hes probably runing a prostie ring and hold them in a cell someone until they give him the money they owe him..

13. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

Yeah ive heard about that also, a couple of my relatives live in Ipswich.

Its sad to hear about those girls, but what can we honestly do about it? They wont stay off the street as they have to earn a living so there isnt much we can say or ask them to do.

My mum was followed by the yorkshire ripper whilst on her way home from her boyfriends (at the time). Where she used to have to get the bus from was across the road from a graveyard, he followed her to the bus station a few times and just stood across the road staring at her.

This one night, he had followed her again, staring at her as he usually did, but he started to cross the road (which at this point my mum was really ----ting herself, i mean who wouldnt?) when a bus conductor came out and told my mum to go inside the building as he had been watching her closely for a while as he had seen the yorkshire ripper (they didnt know who he was at the time) had been following my mum.

The next day my mum woke up to find that a prostitute had been murdered at the graveyard about 20 minutes after my mum got on the bus to go home. My mum could have been another victim of the yorkshire ripper.

14. Dreamery

Dreamery Well-Known Member

Wow kirbir, your mom was really lucky.

15. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

Yeah she was very lucky, someone must have been watching over her that night.