Is The Dmca Effective In Preventing Piracy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Anarchy1, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Captain Anarchy1

Captain Anarchy1 Active Member

Ok guys time for a serious discussion. The main reason why I bring this up is because I have to write a persuasive essay/speech for my English class. But the topics my teacher was giving out not only didn't pertain to me personally, but they also didn't interest me either.

By now your probably asking yourself why doesn't he just go to Google to find the info he needs; well here is the answer: I need to interview at least 10 people and have those interviews typed up in a summary. Since I only know one individual on a personal basis who is actually knowledgeable on the subject, I decided that I was going to ask you guys to help me out with this.

If you wish to help me out with this all I ask is that you put the number of the question before your answer, and sign your first and last name(last name is optional), and your state or country(if you are outside of the USA) of residence.

By the way, answer the questions in as much detail as you can; the more opinions and information I have on the subject, the stronger my argument will be.

Before I turn in my essay/speech I will post my it in its entirety for all to critique and review.

If you help me out I will be willing to give you some creds.

Question One:
    Do you think that the Digital Millennium Copyrights Act (DMCA) does both an effective and efficient job of preventing the piracy of digital copyrighted materials?

Question Two:
    Does the DMCA provide too harsh a penalty for someone who is accused of piracy?

Question Three:
    Is the RIAA and the MPAA going on a witch hunt similar to that of the McCarthyism that was pr------ent during the Red Scare?

Question Four:
    What are some of the problems of the DMCA and what reforms should be made to fix them?

Question Five:
    What makes downloading copyrighted digital content(e.g. e-books, movies, music, games, software, ect.) from P2P and other file sharing programs so appealing to the public?

Question Six:
    Do you think that piracy will ever be completely stopped? Explain why.

Thank you for everybody who is willing to give their opinions on this subject.

2. diverseartist

diverseartist Well-Known Member

1. heelz freakain naw!

5. becuz people cant afford it...maybe if they just gave all software and music for free it would stop :wub:

6. no because its legal in canada and it...you know it rox

thats my idea