Is Riding A Motorcycle That Dangerous?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nightnin, Aug 21, 2006.

1. T-Baum

T-Baum Well-Known Member

I mean yes and no, street bikes are great and fun (i race motocross) but you just makinfg yourself smaller when your out on the road with cars 4 times the size of you.
    So just be cauious and try not to ride in rush hour and you should be alright.

2. HBRedRider

HBRedRider Well-Known Member

as long as you treat the motorcycle like a car, and others treat you like a car then you are pretty safe. However, once you start splitting lanes and weaving in and out of cars it can get dangerous. All it takes is one car who doesn't see you to change lanes or swerve while you are passing in between lanes to get you into some serious trouble. Just stay out of the driver's blind spot and you should be fine.

3. DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat Well-Known Member

i prefer driving a car

4. Boxiom

Boxiom Well-Known Member

Its not dangerous if your catious and careful.

You need to be thinking the hole time, just about how your driving it, where you are going to go, etc. You cant take your mind off of it.

Its not dangerous if you can handle it. Most people dont get motorcycles untill there older though. Highschool/College is to young for one.

5. Gurly

Gurly Well-Known Member

depends problem is now a days is that there is so much traffic on the roads
    cars especially you cant always see a bike coming up behind you cos some people riding them go so fast and over take you so its hard to judge how much time you have befor they are on your ass

my parents used to be what you would call greasers in the 60s
    and my mom had a huge motorbike accident and they were stationary
    she was throw 500 ft broke both her legs was in a coma for a week has a 5 inch scar on her head and broke her collar bone just imagin how bad it woulda been if they were moving ....

its not the rider if they are generally careful its the people around you that dont see or hear you coming
    my father also rides a bike and was knocked off not to long ago cos people in cars dont care about bikers they think they own the road
    just be careful in what you do and you should be fine

6. ericnord92

ericnord92 Active Member

Be safe..Wear protective clothing at all times. Alot of riders get ----y afterawhile and think theyve had enough experience so they dont have to wear a helmet. Im too young to drive a motorcylce on the streets but Ive been on tons of them and yes I already have money for one when i become of age. I myself have fallen on one..it hurt..alot. But i got off lucky

You can ask ghost rider if its cool to drive fast ona highway..oh wait..he died going 200 mph (or so i heard)

7. BetaMerc

BetaMerc Well-Known Member

Walk in the Street, go to the sewer, go down, to t
    IMO, you can be the best motorcicle driver EVER!!! but the asshole behind the car thats next to you can be drunk, and thats what can actually hurt..

of course my 2 cents :P

8. Lennox

Lennox Well-Known Member

Wear a helemt no matter what.

I wouldnt reccomend it, Theres nothin to save yourself with if you get hit, you're going off.

In a car, you got seatbelt, airbags, The actual car itself

9. Inkubis

Inkubis Well-Known Member

Yea if you know what your doing and keep your eye on the road you should be fine.

10. flantesauce

flantesauce Active Member

50% of all motorcyclists get into an accident once in their life time esp on the freeways even though they're responsible other drivers hit them cause of blindspots etc.

11. BruZa v1

BruZa v1 Well-Known Member

Hell yes...mainly because they aren't very visible to cars.

12. ZeT0

ZeT0 Well-Known Member

yeah its dangerous if you hit a pot hole on the highway, you really dont have any protection other then your helmet but sometimes that does you know good when your neck hits the pavement at 60mph.

13. -excel-

-excel- Well-Known Member

As only as you don't try to speed on the high ways or anywhere. Dont try to go over 70 or 80 because if you lose control or hit a car your gottting get very injured or killed. dont try those insane tricks either like doing a wheelie. if you mess up your ----ed.

14. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo Senior Member

I ride, but its only like offroad becuase i am only 14 :P i have been riding since i was in like 3rd grade, i raced in 6th grade, with a local thing and i got first over all :D so yah i love riding its the story of my life ;)

15. SM Bapish

SM Bapish Well-Known Member

Cars are more dangerous than motorbikes tbh :/