Is Riding A Motorcycle That Dangerous?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nightnin, Aug 21, 2006.

1. SwAT

SwAT Well-Known Member

You could be the safest motorcycle driver in the world, but if the people around you aren't then you could be screwed. A lot of drivers have hard times seeing people on motorcycles because they can easily get into blind spots and things like that. Recently in town this 16 or 17 year old girl hit someone on a motorcycle while pulling into a cumberland farms. I plan on getting a motorcycle liscense, but I would only use it once in a while and around town. I would never want to be on a highway going 70 mph 1 foot from the pavement. Either way, I need to get my regular license first (october, *crosses fingers*).

2. Tha Drifter

Tha Drifter Well-Known Member

It all depends on 3 things Fate, Luck, and Skill.

Luck: A person whith bad luck should never do anything that is potentaly dangerous

skill: If your not a skillful rider whats the point of doing thing only a skillful rider is ment to do

Fate: The most tricky of the 3. Theres no way around fate, If its ment for you to get hurt you will. If not you wont. Sometime fate is for you other times its agnist you. Fate is as random as rolling 20 100 sided dice. Just say your prayrs before you eat, sleep, and do anything potinaly dangerous(I.E rideing a motor cycle) and fate will pretty much leve you alone

3. DJ Mako

DJ Mako Well-Known Member

you need to no how to handle a bike before you even think of gettin one .. they can be dangerous

4. coolplayer

coolplayer Well-Known Member

Lmao, one time I was on the highway, I saw this guy on the motorcycle so I gave him a thumbs up. What did he do? He went like 160 kmph and did a wheelie for a while and almost crashed in the car in the other lane.

5. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Bikes arent dangerous, Bikers dont crash..
    Cars crash into bikers. Like swat said, it doesnt matter how prepped you are etc. it depends if some idiot is gonna come barreling down the road in a jeep and hit you. Over 80% of Motorcycle Accidents are caused by a car driver :\

6. act-trooper

act-trooper Active Member

they are v.dagerous if you dont take precortions

7. Mord!x

Mord!x Well-Known Member

it isn't dangerous in the beginning,

but the longer you ride with it!
    the more guts you get

and you make it how dangerous you want!!!

greetings
    Mord!x

8. Nicasus

Nicasus Well-Known Member

Is it dangerous?

Hmm you can drive and some maniak can hit you with his car going 90mph and you can crash on the ground and your brain splattered over the freeway.

Yeah its dangerous. But walking outside is dangerous too so if you want to ride a motorcycle just do it.

9. K2boardin43

K2boardin43 Well-Known Member

Depends what you're riding. I'm really not sure why The Infidel's friend was riding a dirtbike down the highway... unless he didn't mean dirtbike.

I used to ride motocross, but I was pretty cautious. I've seen plenty of my friends come out of a race with a bone sticking out of their arm.

I'd say DO NOT ride a crotch rocket. Those things, plain and simple, are death tickets. You're better off with a Harley, which I strongly suggest. ;)

10. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

my dad is a state trooper and hes told me some storys of horrrible bike accidents. the peple never survive them

11. ThA-ViLLAin

ThA-ViLLAin Well-Known Member

My cousin died two years ago while riding a motorcycle

12. RikkuFox FTW

RikkuFox FTW Well-Known Member

People are stupid, and don't pay attention to bikes. Usually an accident is because people around the bike are retarded, and don't care about people.

13. DJ Mako

do you no how stupid that sounds , 10/10 most of the time if your hit by a car you will get hurt very bad or even killed , so how does that not make bikes dangerous ??? :lol:

14. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

It makes cars dangerous, if everyone was on bikes then it would be fine. And the bike death rate isn't majorly more then the car, if you want a motorcycle get one...everything you do has risks attached, if you go out and get pissed one night that is far more risky then riding a motorcycle.

15. DJ Mako

agree