Is Rap And R&b Smart?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by darkthrone, Mar 6, 2006.

1. darkthrone

darkthrone Well-Known Member

u have to listion to the song with the lyrics frist then hear the music...that wat i do and i love metal...u never came acrosse in underground metal...khold,darkthrone,mayhem,aplthimgiona??

2. twixA

twixA Well-Known Member

You have to be joking? There are a whole lot of rap songs that are better lyrically than changes.
    [snapback]2212261[/snapback]​
    [/quote]
    lol , no good song came in my mind , and i was listening to pac when i wrote that :D so i just wrote it up

3. darkthrone

six feet under-mainstream death metal(there only good song)

I'd rather died than to live in this ----ed world
    Mr. President I'm not here to do your dirty work
    Alone, I think I'm fighting a losing battle
    Worth dying not for oil
    NO WAR Amerika the brutal
    Listen it's a ----ing joke and they make you believe it on the TV
    That's how they deceive you-
    I watch and I listen and I question their reasons
    You know what, I don't ----in believe em
    NO WAR Amerika the brutal
    When I want to know the future I look into the past
    I think of my best friend and his stories of Vietnam
    And now I got a cousin fighting in Iraq, and I want her coming back
    I'm not afraid to speak my own mind
    I don't use the first amendment to hide behind
    I'm guaranteed that freedom, I'm born with that right

thats preety to the ponit and good

4. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Basically.
    ALL song lyrics suck, I've never seen a good set of song lyrics yet. One's that mean something and actually achieve it.
    Don't get me wrong, I like music and all...but for the music more then the lyrics.

5. darkthrone

burzum

While we may believe
    our world - our reality
    to be that is - is but one
    manifestation of the essence

Other planes lie beyond the reach
    of normal sense and common roads
    But they are no less real
    than what we see or touch or feel

Denied by the blind church
    'cause these are not the words of God
    - the same God that burnt the
    knowing

see thats a good lyric song from a black metal band thats just great5 song writeing

6. beatsta

beatsta Well-Known Member

Why are you just posting random lyrics?

7. darkthrone

well some one was saying that metal dosent have good lyrics about good things so i posted 2 songs...srry i wont post any more

8. SantaMayCry

SantaMayCry Well-Known Member

How could i forget about danger mouse!

9. aimee

aimee Well-Known Member

It depends on the artist and the type of rap. I'm a big rap & hip-hop fan, but I hate "Laffy Taffy" - I don't even see how that song became popular! :blink:

If you listen to Nas (before) when he had some politically diverse music, you wouldn't think the same - same with Tupac rapping about how life is in certain places BEFORE he became super into his fame that he went to jail and get into trouble.

10. vap0r

vap0r Well-Known Member

That Lean wit it song is snap music from the south which is MAINLY just club music to dance to, which is why it has stupid lyrics.

Rap and R&B can be smart, its like a gun - varies on the person carrying it.

Look at; Kanye West, Tupac, Snoop Dog, Common, Fort Minor, The Game, Nas, Jay-Z & Nate Dog

11. Raziel

Raziel Well-Known Member

Well...

dawg ur a stupid fag rap is the pimpest

I see you love metal. Why do you think metal has good lyrics ? Besides, everyone likes what they like and not all rap has stupid lyrics.

12. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Metal is a desired sound for bad things, the very genre title of it virtually entitles the genre to bad/evil things. Most of the time when you refer to metal your referring to a band like Pantera, Dimmy Borgir, Manson (i dont consider him metal, but the majority does), Soulfly, Rammstein, Slipknot, Slayer, etc.

They talk about death and war and stuff that has meaning if you really look into it. They talk about economies, etc. Hell, take a look at SOAD (system of a down), they classify as metal and listen to BYOB, Boom!, Chop Suey, Toxicity, etc. They talk about the economy and how its falling apart or how the worlds system of governement is bombing eachother to submission (BYOB = Bring Your Own Bomb), not tapping bitches and hoes and smokin' it up all day. Its a miracle to me to see the profound influence something like rap has on the general audiences of America.

If you consider metal to be a bad influence, look at what rap has done for us. Take a look at metal bands like Manson and Rammstein for starters, they are known for their inhumane stage acts (very inhumane if youve been to either of them, ive been to Manson's a few times myself) and yet, has anyone ever died at a concert for them? They have been around a lot longer than the current mainstream rappers like 50 cent, eminem, Dre, snoop dogg, etc. Yet more people have died at their concerts (yes, died) than any metal concert ive ever heard of.

The drug, rape, illegal activity rates have all gone up since the current mainstream rap came around. Ofc metal and rock also had a slight increase when it came around, but look at the statistics and I can guarentee you that rap has done worse for any nation in the world than hard rock/metal.

I admit, I am not some expert on rap/R&B and that very few rappers are good IMO. I listen to mainstream as I dont really care to dig into the rap community (im more of a hard rock/metal guy/techno), so I listen to general stuff like Snoop Dogg, Dre, Eminem, very few 50 cent, Tupac, and random other artists I happen to have heard on the radio and downloaded them.

I normally, however, just listen to rap to get me to care about rock/metal more. Almost every song I have heard in rap is about the dumbest things around (girls and drugs mainly). I would rather listen to stories of war, death, gore/blood, etc. than listen to some dudes wet dreams of having 3-somes with girls. I listen to rap to gain a higher appreciation for music I generally like (meaning i listen to it when i get bored of rock/metal to make me appreciate it again enough to listen to it again).

13. Duenos

Duenos Well-Known Member

Hip-Hop and R&B are great genres of music. The mainstream is really really bad right now though. Since 50 Cent and the Crunk Rap theme has come out, record companies are throwing out all this money to thugs thinking they will make it like 50 or Ying Yang Twins.

I'm personally listening to old stuff and some underground right now. The hearts of underground: Brooklyn and Detroit.

14. abow

abow Well-Known Member

I like rnb and rap, simply cause its full of rythm :)

15. Fate

Fate Well-Known Member

maybe you should listen to 2PAC - Changes, the lyrics mean something