Is It Possible To Have A Perfect Relationship?

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by Piktro, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Hym

Hym Well-Known Member

If it's the right person, it is perfect in your heart. :)

2. Arien

Arien New Member

Personally, No. After all event the most accomodating boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever relationship will soon cause the problem of lack of understanding... i dont know how to express it. Imagine ur significant other not having opinions of his/her own... just follows your lead blindly... would u want a relationship like that?

3. Mai Hem

Mai Hem Well-Known Member

It depends what you deem a "perfect" relationship.

I'd say my own relationship is as close to perfect as humanly possible... My boyfriend and I have been absolute best friends for about a year and a half (in which time we always agreed we were soulmates even before we were a couple), and we've been together for more than six months and not once had an argument, not even the smallest one.

If there's any sort of problem, one of us will say, "Baby, this is happening and I don't like it because ________, can you please fix it?" and the other will go, "Okay, I promise" and a few days later, problem solved.

I guess it's about respecting each others boundaries. If there is something you don't like about your partner, or something they do that you don't like, you just have to ask yourself "Is this thing my partner is doing neccessary to them?" and if it is, you just have to say, "Okay, well I love them and there's nothing I can do, so I will no longer consider this a problem because it's part of them". And if it's not neccessary, or fixable with some work, if your partner loves you they should be able to say, "I'd do anything to avoid you feeling any negative emotion of any sort, so I will do my very best to change for you".

Of course, not in such I-have-a-stick-up-my-ass phrasing, but you catch my drift ;)

4. .ArctiC.

.ArctiC. Well-Known Member

never experienced one.

sure my family and i are close, but we fight. rarely of course. not broken or anything. in fact, normal.

my relation my my gf is love-hate. sometimes i love her, sometimes she makes me hate her guts.

but then again, what is "Perfect"?

5. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Nah man i dont think there's a life without relations and yes you can have a perfect relation if you can keep upto it that is.

6. Shadow_Stone

Shadow_Stone Well-Known Member

Ive been with girlfriend for only about 5 months now, but i love her to death. So far there havent been any major issues, sure there are arugments but whatever u get by it, i love her too much to really argue about stupidity. Its simply not worth it.

7. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

Why don't you ask me in a few months and see if im still in one.

hmm....maybe, although there will always be little things, I doubt it could be 100% perfect.

8. Common

Common Well-Known Member

ive had like 50 perfect relationships so i dunno about u guys...

9. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

lol...

Like ive said there is no such thing as perfect, no matter how you look at it. You will always have your arguements/disagreements but you can solve them only if you make the effort to solve them!

10. UV Moose

UV Moose Well-Known Member

Well, IMO I don't believe anyone who's under 18 can have a "perfect relationship" There's just too many factors that they really can't control. But, I do believe that there's perfect relationships out there ^_^

11. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Perfect is a word defined by humans to represent something that is fundamentally flawless (without flaws). All of us, as people are flawed, in one shape or another, we all sin, there is one flaw every single one of us share. We also are very judgemental of eachother, thus creating an inperfect view of one another, which is also a flaw of ourselves.

In its very essence, humanity is not perfect, therefore things created by humanity and shared by humanity are not perfect, as humans themselves are not an absolute good or "right".

So lets think about this logically. In war all parties involved would agree that solitary confinement is the worst form of torture for the mentality of their captured soldiers. Why is this may you ask? Humans are not designed to live without social contact with another piece of humanity. So a relationship could be accurately defined as a close relationship with those who are socially active, often of or relating to that of family or kinship (connection by blood, marriage, or adoption; family relationship as kinship is defined in the dictionary).

In order for something to be perfect, as I said, it must lack all essential flaws, making it fundamentally (the essentials) flawless, we are not made flawless alone. We all have a desire which cannot be filled without something/someone else being involved (hence the reason most psychologists believe that the human psyche becomes deeply disturbed when forced into solitary confinement for extended periods in laemens terms).

Relationships that are deeply in forms of kinship are those that have the pieces we lacked when we were created. Ever heard the phrase, "opposites attract"? Thats often because the opposite of us contains what we lack and they lack what we have. Thus comes the seriousness of the relationship. In order to fully recieve the spoils of a relationship (those prizes/gifts) you need to give up a piece of yourself. Otherwise it would be like having a christmas party where you gave something to everyone, but got nothing in return, you wouldnt be heavily obligated to give something to everyone next year, would you (unless its like little kids who dont know any better and it just brings a smile to your face to see their happiness for the thing(s) you got them)?

The only way to define a "perfect relationship" is then to say that the person you are having a relationship with has every single thing you do not have and you have every single thing that they dont have, thus creating a perfect relationship (as relationship is defined above). Sure there are problems, but with the amount of sacrifice you have made and the amount of sacrifice they have made to start with, whats just a little more?

Thats the problem nowadays. People believe the perfect relationship revolves around looks and "compatibility" when they really do need diversity. People get together and get married for the wrong reasons, thus leading to divorces. Those people who give so much that they dont want to lose what they have given away are those people who make the relationships in life worthwhile, no matter the circumstance, no matter the rest of the sacrifice, you complete them and they are willing to go that extra step in sacrificing just that little bit more of themselves for you. I know how this personally feels and am not speaking from theories, but from experience.

12. whatup

whatup Well-Known Member

nothing can be perfect and that includes a relationship

13. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

^ well said :D :D @ Dementia

14. sukaduk™

sukaduk™ Senior Member

Nope it's impossible girls are never pleased with anything they always want more

15. Angelofdarkness

Angelofdarkness Well-Known Member

Yea i think there is no relationship that has no problems. Even a healthy relationship can have it's ups and downs. This is normal human nature so people just hafta work through that and they will be happy. ^_^