Is A Genius Happy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zaoris, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Zaoris

Zaoris Well-Known Member

thought to ask you all about this a while ago.i've read a big number of books and did talk with many ppl that i learnt from.
    now...what do you think?is a genius happy?share your answer and post a testi about it.

2. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Being genius or not genius does not affect ones state of mind or being. The fact someone may hold more general knowledge does not conclude that they are any different, therefore being a Genius will not affect your state of happiness.

3. Amoebassassin

Amoebassassin Well-Known Member

I say no. With great intellect comes great mental responsibility. Those who can be described as genius tend to have more on their mind at any given time, thinking, worrying themselves about something unbeknownst to the common man. The ozone layer, life on other planets, hell, even the end of the world. These thoughts were originally aroused by people who, as thinkers, were head and shoulders above everyone else. The common (ignoarant) person couldn't give a sh*t about any of this stuff.

It has been said that a fine line separates genius and madness. I think this is why.

4. Iced

Iced Well-Known Member

Well in Bill Gates World no he'll never be happy untill he can lick the bottom of everybodys feet.

5. Gaara_lover

Gaara_lover Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. Sometimes geniusness can lead to loneliness, because if you are so smart, everyone will think you are a know-it-all, and they'll probably ignore you and such.

6. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Only when your young.
    When your older people actually appreciate intelligence...
    Sometimes.

7. Zaoris

Zaoris Well-Known Member

i'm afraid that happens when you're old,too.people that are fool never understand,they are afraid of that they don't know so they might pretend you are insane.
    that should be maybe their most important reason they'll avoid you,so you fell into lonliness.

8. .vk

.vk Well-Known Member

intellect only makes a slight difference in ur happiness. u could be happy that u know something other ppl dont, but u could be sad knowing that there is nobody left to talk to

9. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Agreed to him.

10. Mirage.

Mirage. Well-Known Member

depends how they apply there "genious"

11. Machiavelli X

Machiavelli X Well-Known Member

Being a genuis can really led to some things. The majority of your Joe Shmoe american sits around and eat and wacths TV and goes to work. Lives a care-free life and doesnt really have ot think about alo tof things. While a Genuis (this ONLY applies if he uses his genuis) must debate him self everyday among the concepts of life, because as a genuis he understands those concepts. But that only applies if the person actually cares about the concepts of life. You could have a genuis who is a bum and all he cares about is some food. Different factors affect different lives. But none the less

"Philospers think about the world, the point is to change it" -Karl Marx

12. aznramenboi

aznramenboi Well-Known Member

that question is impossible to answer because it's so unspecific and broad. that's asking if one type of people are happy. you can't know for sure. are dumb people happy? i dunno, they could be. are americans happy? maybe. being a genius, does not have everything to do with hapiness, there's family, love, friendship, goals, hobbies, career. being a genius is just another aspect of some human beings.

13. .vk

.vk Well-Known Member

it rly depends on how "genius" you are. nobody can be certain whether they are THE genius

14. DN107xc

DN107xc Well-Known Member

Lets not be so stereotypical. I mean, basically Im no genius but apparentally my iq is supposed to be up there..

Anyways, I reckon, being a genuis DOES not affect your happiness. I mean if you were dumb or medium, it doesnt (unless mentally/physically challenged) one can not feel the full extents of emotion.

15. Zaoris

Zaoris Well-Known Member

my question has a general character.no offense to any kind of genius of anything like that.
    it's all about the psychology of a genius.