Iraqi Death Toll Hits Record High

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Topdog52390, Nov 22, 2006.

1. ·Cuda

·Cuda Member

The U.N. or any other coalition, investigation team, or 7th grader googleing for statistics on the war will never get a true figure of the death toll of Iraqi Civilians, because insurgents don't just prance around wearing green HAMAS bandannas and such, they dress like civilians. Yet people focus so much on the death toll in Iraq, that they miss to see the real statistic. More people per year in the U.S. alone get killed by drunk Drivers than the entire death Toll of American soldiers there. The media blows it all out of proportion by putting the death toll and saying "Today is the Highest death toll of all of November!" when only one or two a day die. Having Family over there, I believe he is doing his job. He loves what he does. And I don't want this to turn out like another Vietnam and having dishonored homecomings like they did in the 70's to the Vietnam Vets.

S.O.T.

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

agreed with above.

we should be more concerned with the thousands of peopel dying at home for somethign preventable, mroeso than those dying overseas trying to improve the lives of otehrs. They made their choice and IO'm sure they realize the consequnces of their actions.

3. ShotokanTiger

ShotokanTiger Well-Known Member

This is whats wrong with you , you're not the only people in this world!
    Not everything must be done for the sake of the us or whatever!
    At the time of the war on Lebanon the media in the US was saying things like "How is this effecting us?"
    Well who the HELL CARES??!!?
    You're not the only ones in this world.

4. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Ignore this post.

5. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

Most of your posts Dark, make me laugh seriously. The US feared Saddam? We kicked his arse in Desert Shield, and then we sent him hiding in a hole, now he'll be hanged. We have no reason to fear a moron who kills his own people. Gas prices have went up, alot. Because of this war, we have plenty of gas. If we wanted to steal the gas and kill everyone over there, we'd throw a nuke and laugh. However that isn't what we want, so niave and biased. Gah...

6. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Omg darkstar that is so insulting. I don't even want to THINK about saying that to an Iraqi civilian.

7. RebelYell101

Sorry I overlooked the part about Sadam shouldn't be hanged? What the? He killed thousands on a whim. For no reason. Unless he made one up. Those were innocent people killed because of some sick, demented idiot who got alittle power, and went crazy. Plain as day. He'll be hanged, and he should be. Hanged isn't enough for what he has done, he's a modern day Hitler, the only diffrence? Saddam was Muslim, and that is why so many people dissagree with this. That's BULL.

8. ShotokanTiger

My god , who cares about your gas , some of you have this thing in their heads that makes you think you're the only country in this world and everyone should be working for you or something.

Thats not what you want? oh thats so nice of you! you're the best country ever :)

wow , for a minute there i forgot you were talking about saddam.

9. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

No, Shokotan, the media told us that Israel was actually stabbing children as they walked outside, they were eating the fetuses that they got from killing the pregnant Palestinians/Lebanese, and that Hezbollah/Hamas were just trying to make their lives peaceful (by pissing off one of the largest and probably most developed militaries in the Middle East). Just to let you know, the media over here isn't too keen on Israel.

10. RebelYell101

Media? Hell, no one over there is too keen about Israel. We are virtually their only ally.

11. ShotokanTiger

Oh please , they make it sound like Lebanon declared war on Israel.

12. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Stfu shotokan, ferret is right, you're wrong.

13. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

Nope. Doesn't even mention the Lebanese government in most articles, and when they do, it's telling how their government needs to work with the UN, get off their asses, and take control of their country again.

Israelis declared war on Hezbollah. Actually, they didn't even do that. Hezbollah did, but that's way back in history (along with the "death to Israel, death to America, death to Bush [more recent]" stuff). Only time the Israelis have touched anything associated with the Lebanese government was when Hezbollah parked their stuff right outside. Bombs explode, you know. People do get hurt with them. Talk to Hezbollah about that, specifically cluster bombs over Haifa (something that the UN is now complaining about the Israelis using against Hezbollah).

That's also why those four UN soldiers died in June - they let Hezbollah park right outside their observation post, they were warned, didn't leave, and got bombed. That's it. Hell, the Israelis have actually dropped leaflets warning civilians to get out of the area in Gaza, effectively scaring off the people they intend to bomb.

EDIT:

Actually, get me some articles or videos from American media that tells us that the Israelis declared war on Lebanon. Please do, I'm waiting. Shouldn't be too terribly hard, seeing as that's all we're hearing thanks to Bush controlling the media.

14. ShotokanTiger

You sure know how to prove your points.

15. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

I don't have to prove anything. You're the one who has to prove something, because all you do is talk out of your ass and ignore every fact that ferret says.