Ipod?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by .sXe, Jun 13, 2008.

1. .sXe

.sXe Senior Member

How can I put the music on my iPod onto my iTunes?

2. l0l0l

l0l0l Senior Member

Only thing I could think off is when you plug your iPod, goto My Computer, and click on the iPod folder there. Find the songs and drag them onto your Desktop or Shared Folder.
    But I don't have an iPod anymore so I wouldn't reallly know.

3. SM Ciel

SM Ciel Well-Known Member

If that doesn't work you want to use a program that takes songs off your iPod and puts them onto your computer.
    I think you get what to do after that. Haha. I hope so anyway.

There's a bunch of programs that do it, just Google "iPod to Computer" or something similar to that.
    Good luck!

4. THC + K00lAid

THC + K00lAid Well-Known Member

it wont work because when you try to connect your pod it erases any other music if its a different computer -.-

5. .sXe

.sXe Senior Member

It wouldn't really be a different computer, it would be my same computer after a system restore.

6. LaGGeD

LaGGeD Senior Member

It would work if you didn't set your iPod to sync, you have to set it to manually mange iPod. After that you can get a application to get the songs off your iPod. I heard of a way to get songs off 1 by 1 but that would take forever. Good luck :D

7. bigb88 (aka) SCH

bigb88 (aka) SCH Well-Known Member

sxe.. dude trash the itunes waste of time get winamp it has ipod manage thing on it or "anapod" anapod is a nice ipod program used it for years but now i just use winamp cuz always have music goin so ya but look into them 2 and forget itunes

8. Bleak

Bleak Well-Known Member

Only reason I still use iTunes, is I started with it and I don't feel like switching, plus its a really simple way to view your music in an organized fashion. I really wish I used a different program, but I've gotten accustomed enough to iTunes.

I use Floola on my laptop (my secondary computer), so I can view all of my music on my iPod and if I wanted to, transfer music to my laptop from it. It is free (like most iTunes alts.) and is just an .exe, no installation needed; you do not even have to have your iPod in data mode.

If you put your iPod in data mode and just open it like any external device, and copied your music over like that, you are going to have to rename all of your music files, but the ID3 tags will still be there. Also, the folders themselves are out of order too.