Ipod And Wma

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Equivalent Exchange, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Equivalent Exchange

Equivalent Exchange Well-Known Member

Ok, running out the door, so i dont have time to google this.

I'm thinking of buying an iPod, but I figured out the iPod doesnt have WMA support. about 9/10 of all my songs are in WMA.

THeres a simple way with itunes to get them all playing right on the iPod right? iTunes can simply convert them to AAC right?

and dont tell me not to get an iPod becuase they're too expensive (any other comments on the iPod is appreciated though)

CHeers, I'm out

2. ...Tails

...Tails Senior Member

Not sure off the top of my head, and googling isn't helping (Maybe I did a bad search)

But download iTunes now, and try and add the file to the library... if it doesn't work, it won't go onto your iPod. But if it goes into the library it'll go on your iPod...

I <3 my 30gig video. 1792 songs 44 movies 48 photos - It's rockin' :D

3. Flame X

Flame X Well-Known Member

When I import my WMA's into itunes, it auto-converts them into mp4 or aac or whatever, so you should have no problem.

4. gorith13

gorith13 Well-Known Member

you can download an audio converter, i use Fairstar i believe its aclled, and it works awesomely. you can do it that way.

5. Infiltrater900

Infiltrater900 Well-Known Member

When you install iTunes it gives you the option of using iTunes as the defualt media player or something close to that. Click yes and it auto converts any music you have on your comp (IE: My Music) into iTunes compatable files, so then you just click and drag or import through iTunes.

Hope this Helped :)

On a side note, about format converting devices:
    I'd watch which ones you get. I got a video converter from a popular site about ipods and it put spyware on my computer.

6. johndapunk FTW

johndapunk FTW Senior Member

um, no point? as long as its a format that itunes notices then it will convert it to m4a. for videos, it must be converted by other means to .mp4 or .mov. Hopefully the 6G iPod's can play .avi's or .wmv's etc, but i doubt they will. apple is mean like that >_<

7. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

Yes, when you import your non licence protected .wma's it will automatically convert them to a format itunes can use (.mp3 i think)

8. Equivalent Exchange

Well its converting them to AAC now

However I know I have liscenses WMA's, but I have the liscense to them. Is it still gonna convert those?

9. Equivalent Exchange

Since I figured out iTunes isnt going to automatically convert my protected music, does anyone know of any good programs that will?