Internet problems...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by White B O I, Jun 7, 2010.

1. White B O I

White B O I Well-Known Member

Computer Specs:
    Ram: 4gb DDR3
    Processor: Phenom II x4
    HDD: 2TB

Lately my internet has been running slow.. and I'm not sure why. I run on wireless internet, and I'm sure that is not the problem. I connected it to a LAN line and had no change. I get a fair down and upload speed (20mb/s down and 5mb/s up). I don't have spy/ad-ware or any viruses. Scanned it with AVG, Bitdefender, SpyBot, and Malwarebytes, everything turned out clean.

I pay for a 25mb/s internet connection from my local ISP.
    I haven't touched any router settings for a while, and if anyone has, they're one hell of a decrypter as I have a ridiculously encrypted password on my router login and wireless internet.

Randomly when I'm on a website, lets say GR for now, I'll be viewing the forums and then I'll click a link and it'll be fine, a few minutes later I'll click the same link and the site takes a minute or two to load.

I thought it may have been an update as I updated recently, so I uninstalled all updates for the past month. Shut the computer off and did a cold start; no luck.

It's extremely irritating.. Any one have any ideas? I appreciate it.

2. natsymoon

natsymoon Banned from GR

I don't know...You have one awesome CPU Unit you got there...
    Makes me jealous... :3

Okay, just check the cables of your router(s). Make sure that its continuously giving off packets.

Secondly, check if some people are using your IP for download, are you using a cable or your net is not really accommodated to you alone. Call your ISP Provider if they can check your line. Someone's might be tapping on your line and using it for Downloads.

I have experienced that. Some of my neighbors are tapping on my line to get ISP feed. I just call my ISP Provider, went to my place, remove tap cables, and even billed my neighbors for violation. :3

3. Ravr

Ravr _______________

did you already tried to wire the pc to make sure it isnt the wireless

4. epik-designs

epik-designs Banned from GR

uhm. how about you check to make sure you dont have excess processes, that slows my internet down alot when i have aim,skype,LIMEWIRE is a big one,and alot of adobe stuff haha. but try that
    or do what i always do when all else fails!
    GOOGLE