Internet Acting Up

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Watahboi, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Watahboi

Watahboi Well-Known Member

My internet seems to be acting up. It doesnt do this all the time but It does after awhile. I would be using it like normal. Go to check something on the internet. It says I cannot connect to the server. Yet I can still use Instant Messengers like AIM, Xfire, MSN and all that stuff. So basically I cant go to websites. I use firefox usually. When my internet goes out like this I cannot even go on IE. The only way to fix this problem (that I know of) is to restart my computer. Could anyone please help me out with this problem xD

2. Cast

Cast Well-Known Member

are you using DSL? if so your modem could be freaking out everytime you recieve a phonecall because the internet signal gets weakened. usually this only happens when you DONT have a DSL filter on all the phones in your house. so go around to all the phone jacks and see if they have a filter on it, if you find one that doesnt that would be the source of your problem.

if you are running cable, im not sure what would be causing it (as i use DSL) so hopefully a cable user can stop in with some tips.

3. GR.Konvict

GR.Konvict Well-Known Member

omg, i use ADSL and i sometimes get disconnected when we get a call. But we got sent a new modem from Tiscali, just need to install it now :P

4. Cast

Cast Well-Known Member

yep, happens to me too, thats cause there is 1 phone in my house that doesnt have a filter on it, and i cant find the box of em that came with our modem lol

5. Watahboi

Watahboi Well-Known Member

I have cable modem with the like a phone thing connected to that to. Our ISP provides like home phone service but I could be on the phone usually and not get disconnected. but that makes me think maybe its because I was recently on the phone?