Installing Mods

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AV B.I., Jun 30, 2006.

1. AV B.I.

AV B.I. Well-Known Member

I need help installing mods to my site I tried earlier but I failed. Can somebody help me out.I have a couple I want to add....

2. flipnotic

flipnotic Well-Known Member

which mods? and which version is your board?

3. --Trinity--

--Trinity-- Guest

The invision free is very easy.First make a new group and the settings u can do and than add ppl into that grup to make them mods but officaly it aint the right way u need to do the coding way but ppl never find out! :D

4. mickel900

mickel900 Well-Known Member

Main what type of board is it, is it free or not, and what version are you using???

5. AV B.I.

It is IPB 2.0.3 and I just want basic ones like the creds/shop mod, rep mod, Welcome PM, affiliates, and I think thats it...

6. mickel900

The way that i install mods on to my forum is i have to use my FTP program so that i can loaded it on to the host then install it from there on in... maybe try that???

7. AV B.I.

well I have tried before. I uploaded the files it said, installed it on the site, and did the edits but the edits werent staying...and I got confused on the eidts after a while so I gave it. I decided to leave it to someone who knows how to do it. so if you do please help me out!

8. mickel900

kk, the editing of the files are the hardest thing to do... that is most prob where the mod stuffed up

9. Teh_King

Teh_King Well-Known Member

just to tell you rep isnt a 'basic' mod lol it is hard very hard.. I barely did it once lol well good ,luck witht that is this for VM?

10. AV B.I.

yeah. well rep isnt IMPORTANT mod but it is something I would liike to have...but it doesnt really mattler. all I really want is the affiliate and the creds/store mod...

11. HydrogeN

HydrogeN Well-Known Member

I say try the edits one more time. Make copies of the originals in one folder, then make another folder with the modded files. Open the originals in wordpad, not notepad, then search for what the instructions tell you to search for, if it says add below, click the end of the line, hit enter twice and then paste the edit, same if says above.

GO slow, write down which files you have done, and check them off your list. THe edits really are not hard if you take your time and dont rush through them, the case is also true with the reputation mod, it isnt difficult, it just has a lot of edits that take time.

Usually when you get an error, it will show you which file has the error, double check the edits in that file and reupload it, you might have missed something small, and it will possibly work right after.