Immigration?

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by Blinkz, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Yeah but it isn't THE hardest

2. G-uNOT

G-uNOT Member

3. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

Nub that guy has been working there for about 3 years... lol

4. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

i work part time in Tescos and on Monday evenings we have "the bus" come in and its basically a old london bus full of people from eastern Europe and hardly any of them can speak English. They are just here to earn money for their familys but the government need to put a stop to them arriving in such large numbers

5. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

Yes they should i think they are closing the borders soon before poland and romania join the EU and you have to have something to offer the UK before your allowed in etc a trade or good grades they all gain points and if you reach a high number then welcome, something like that i read in the newspaper..

6. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

Poland are already part of the EU, but it would be great they were close the Borders and everything else you said. Im sick of it.

7. .Rage.

.Rage. Well-Known Member

dude english is way the hardest go to school and ask a professor anyone will tell u

8. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

Hmm its romania and some other country then. But if they dont close the borders and do that points scheme then they are expecting atleast 60.000 people and most of them dont work and will claim benefits = tax raises. O_O

9. aznramenboi

aznramenboi Well-Known Member

that does not give you the right to say that.

as for the topic, i believe the man is trying and he is making an effort. you can't just magically learn a new language. when you were a kid, you weren't always fluent. we learn, that's what people do. another thing is he's indian, punjabi or other indian languages are way different than english. put yourself in the man's shoes, it is not unlikely that he just immigrated to UK. maybe he couldn't afford the time or the money to be taught english. if he has a family to feed that would be even harder.

you're contradicting yourself. if the man couldn't speak english what language did he reply to you in? is "yes yes sir, follow me", not english?

all in all, i agree with you that people coming into the country should be fluent, but only given plenty of time. you have to cut people breaks som etimes and give them leeway.

10. .Artificial I

.Artificial I Well-Known Member

Ya he should be able to, but as aznramenboi very well explained they should be given time :D And quite alot as they already may know another one....

As to ducth beig harder, No way! its like german and german is piss easy if you take some time, harder than english if you start of or/and are learning

11. .Apex

.Apex Well-Known Member

this topic is about the amount of immigrants entering the UK not what langueage they speak and how hard it is to learn english. The point is that with more and more immigrants entering Britain each day it is becoming increasingly difficult for the average british person to get a job. Thousands and thousands of british people will lose thier jobs because it is cheaper to employ some from Poland. Most of the polish, Romainians, etc come over to the UK cause they actually earn more money as a cleaner here then they would back in thier home country as a doctor or any other higher profession. It is a serious problem that needs to be dealt with as soon as possible

12. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

How can english be the hardest language?
    In chinese (manderin*), there are something like 4 symbols for each word.

13. Morv

Morv Well-Known Member

Exactly, even mist knows the truth

14. BetaMerc

BetaMerc Well-Known Member

Walk in the Street, go to the sewer, go down, to t
    Thank You :)

I personally came from a Spanish speaking country. English , i think, is the most spoken language. From my personal experience, learning english is easy when your a kid, when your already in your 25+ , it is very hard to learn it, 'cause your speaking that language for 25+ yrs, and your mind is used to listening, writing, etc. that language.

Those are my 2 cents and I want my change back[​IMG]

15. Blinkz

Blinkz Senior Member

It is english yes, im not contradicting myself im just pointing out he isnt fluent.. and maybe it takes a while to learn but iv seen him in there for over 3 years dont you think he would of picked up a little? being active 8 hours of the day with fluent english around him?

@apex i agree 100% with that, iv read in the newspaper they are closing the borders just need the go ahead from blair. HMMM looks like they are going to stay open. :/