Imax + Star Trek = <3

Discussion in 'Movies' started by RedNara, May 8, 2009.

1. RedNara

RedNara Well-Known Member

Okay first off... IMAX is amazing... Not only that... Star Trek is ------ing insane!

At 8:00 I purchased two tickets for Star Trek at my local IMAX theater. It was my first time at a IMAX theater and did not know what to expect. The movie show time was at 11:59 and I really did not expect many people to show up... (because there actually was a 6:00 and 9:00 show) However, when I popped into the drive way at 11:30 the parking lot was packed! I mean it was insane. When I head indoors they wouldn't let you in unless you had your ticket reserved b/c everything sold out. Once, I got in I was going insane b/c the line for the show was crazy and it seemed there was at least 500 people in the theater. Well after waiting 30 min they started letting people into the theater, and wow... was I amazed...

The screen was freaking huge! and the seats were all elevated! Not only that the IMAX was at Jordan's furniture so all the seats were temperpedic. However, due to the amount of people in the theater it was crazy hard to find a seat, and I was fortunate enough to find a seat in the back. I had to sit in the 4th back row 2 seats from the end. Pretty much this would be the "----" seat if you were at a normal movie theater. However, being an IMAX theater everything was freaking amazing!

Before the movie started they had this guy explain how the whole IMAX thing worked... So pretty much what you get in a IMAX theater is some kind of elevated showing, so you won't see the back of head of the guy sitting in front of you. Not only that you get some kind of crazy speaker right behind your head so everything is some kind of crazy "surround sound" mode. And the best part is your freaking chair RUMBLES! Yes it ------ing rumbles. Seriously IMAX is the ----! Plus the chair is so freaking comfortable and won't hurt your back from sitting in it for 2+ hours.

Okay... I'll stop talking about the IMAX theater and go on to the movie...

THE MOVIE IS ------ING INSANE! OMFG YOU SHOULD ALL GO SEE IT. JJ Abrams ------ing rocks and everyone should go to a ------ing IMAX theater tomorrow and go see the movie! The movie is freaking insane!

<3 IMAX

<3 Star Trek...

P.S. wow did I use to ------ing hate Star Trek.

2. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

Imax is pretty sweet..

3. ebolagod

ebolagod Well-Known Member

Yea, I first saw the Dark Knight in IMAX. It was ------ing glorious.

Can't wait to see this!