I'm Feeling Philosophical..or Maby Im Just Crazy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jesse_boi89, May 4, 2005.

1. jesse_boi89

jesse_boi89 Well-Known Member

As u may know, its 1 am and im bored..I have posted several...odd, topics. Here is another XD..

Feelings? What are they? Love for example, supossedly means how u care for sumone so much ud liek die for em or whatever..But what is caring..What if humans screwed it up. What if what we call love, is really hate and vice versa.

Just like in teh matrix, a good movie to make ya think. All love really is, is a word. A word made up by people, to describe sumthing they think they feel. Its just a bunch of electrical impulses in teh brain...And humans don't "love" exactly, they are hardwired, to find a fertile mate, mate with them and pass oon there seed to next generation, then die. The patteren of human life is simple:

Be born, grow up, mate and pass on seed, die, repeat.

This goes on and on and on and on, until one generation dies out, be it they dont find a suitable mate, they are gay, or a lesbian, or whatever. Then that cycle is over.

This is the same for every feelings..sadness, happiness, etc. A teacher told me that u need to "believe" or have faith, i admit i have lost faith in basically everything cause of certain..things XD, so i may have cracked out views..But imo, feelings are just words, to try and put the complex or arbitarily simple, into a simple word that is universal.

What are ut thoughts on feelings and such..Do you think they are actual things that are ture, do u not know, do u think there just words to describe stuff we are prolly wrong about or could have confused with sumthing else? Or do u think i should lay of teh drugs and go to bed XP lol.

Discuss :D

Regards,
    cracked in teh head jesse

2. Phat Albert

Phat Albert Well-Known Member

Dude you must be trippin or something. I think the point of life is merely to reproduce, and nothing else. Feelings are caused by chemicals in your brain. Its all really simple. The purpose of life for every being, is to keep the species going.

3. NeoGenesis

NeoGenesis Well-Known Member

indeed, there are many views on this..

i believe that we are "Tests"

Take Evolution....They release a Monkey ito the world ok (im using a monkey for arguments sake).

They bring a monkey to the world, they study (i dont know who "they" are) but the examine this monkey....its not very good at doing much, so they make another monkey, but a lil bigger and a lil smarter...they call it the gorilla...the gorilla is able to make a place to stay, is able to hunt food, but is still not capable of creating a world.

so they take it back and make the Ape, again the ape has intelligence to fend for itself ect...but isnt able to create and hold a civilisation..so they again take it back..

this time they let a "Human" into the world, the human quickly adapts to the world, and then creates a civilisation....

and so on...

maybe our reason to be here is to reproduce and keep the species alive, or maybe we are just another test..

***The above post is my view only***

4. UV Moose

UV Moose Well-Known Member

Well, on the feelings aspect...

While I do agree that it would be weird if out feelings were completely misinterpreted (or worst, fabricated) there's a simple way to answer this, us, as humans, are great at adapting, so we naturally coined these emmotions as true, for you to challenge feelings as legit or not is like saying that hate is not needed. To put it simply, there's a reason that someone doesn't call hate love, and that's all I need to know