If 9/11 Had Never Happened........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CyberForce, Nov 25, 2005.

1. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

we invaded iraq for hussein, afghanistan was for bin laden
    and hussein had been causin sh!t before so we would still have gone for him

2. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

very true, we didnt invade iraq for the trade tower attacks, we invaded because of saddam, the bad boy that got away from little bush's daddy. so, in short, jr. is trying to impress sr. by bringing him someone he couldnt catch himself... and imo avoided the concept of more important things, but we wont get into that here.

and since we took their ruler, its our obligation apparently to setup a new government in his place (which i find to be stupid, but such is life... and bush). I mean... they got this far with their own means of doing things... just because we took their leader doesnt mean were responsible for fixing it all.

also, on top of all the stuff with saddam and the government, there is the oil, which is a HUGE profitable thing for the US to get involved in, so ofc Bush is going to take advantage of it.

Anywho, yes, we still would have invaded, most definately.

3. Kibitz

Kibitz Well-Known Member

it depends really. i mean iraq wasn’t the only issue that was threading the United States and the world. Korea was one of them as well. We could have definitely invaded Korea back when, but i feel we probably would have invaded in the future anyway. Bush gave the orders to invade because he had to do something. if we got hit and did nothing than America will be sought out as weak and we would have more problems with this issue.

so i say yes we would have.

4. Iron Bonney

Iron Bonney Well-Known Member

The Invasion of Iraq was staged long before 9/11

5. [$$]~PIMP

[$$]~PIMP Well-Known Member

meh even if 9/11 didnt happen something else would have no matter wat so we would have invaded anywayz

6. sleepykid927

sleepykid927 Well-Known Member

I think we would because they needed help anyway i think Bush should take our people back so i just hope more people come home safe than people who passed away

7. Equivalent Exchange

Equivalent Exchange Well-Known Member

Thank you andrew for the most intelligent thing I read in this entire thread
    (of course i didnt read all 16 pages, but i read a bit :P )

I hear so much anti-bush comments comming from all these people who are completely one-track minded it drives me nuts. I'm not even a bush supporter

8. napoleon

napoleon Member

Ok, I had to make a login name just for this post. I haven't seen much of anyone that can actually type English, leading me to believe that the general opinion here is bunk.

I'm incredibly conservative here and I'm a teenager(what the hells up with that)
    I've come to decide that being conservative doesn't make you a Republican nor does being liberal make you a Democrat, because the
    general opinion of both of these groops has flip-flopped nearly every day.

Ok, just stop watching TV completely because eithere CNN and FOX or both wrong or their their both right, they just express different opinions. The whole scheme of things here is that an opinion is an opinion and until the day comes when some really ingenious legislation takes away dumbasses rights to free speech deal with it! Just to show how stupid people are here is a clip from yes, I know, FOX(---- OFF)

Dumbass

Now, for my opinion on the war, Have you seen oil prices drop? Ya alright maybe invading was a bad decision, but then again the minority ruled ABSOLUTELY isn't that a bad thing? Now you're blaming Bush for bad decisions? I think that if quite a few people believe that there are threats to us, and quite a few people DID, it's not a matter of sitting on your ass.

Now we probably DIDN't attack Saudi Arabia because of the oil. I'll give ya that. Oil IS a big issue, but thats because EVERYTHING you use needed oil to be manufactured. Saudi Arabia IS our oil. I agree that it would probably be best to blow them all to hell and gone if there were no repurcussions, but since there are...
    deal with it

And thats all I have to say about that. ^_^

9. Tsunade

Tsunade Well-Known Member

September 11 had nothing to do with Iraq... my opinion is he is just "finishing" his dad's business... since it's common sense there was never any weapons of mass destruction.... as a matter of fact I read a report somewhere saying that the war on Iraq was first on Bush's agenda but it was lagged after September 11... which well I don't understand how they taped the planes going in on every damn direction at the perfect times, yet they couldn't provide us with videos of the hijackers entering the plane... but wtf at least show us them!

EDITING: I LOVE your "I agree that it would probably be best to blow them all to hell" view :censored:

I'm Canadian, and 90% of my school believes people from the US are block heads... I THINK now I believe it... the fact that my cousin and I get the top 2 marks out of 500+ American students and we're just average too didn't occur to me since MAYBE our high schools are better... but I understand what my teachers were hinting at... ignorance

10. .parfekt//

.parfekt// Senior Member

Of course, they were going to do it sooner or later and then the Iraqies just made it quicker for them.. you know.. to die?

11. Tsunade

Tsunade Well-Known Member

I personally think it's complete BS! I hate "smart" people in power... we have to look at this on our side too, there are GOOD and INNOCENT soldiers too you know! And being the person I am, it's horrible that young men are dieing at such an age... it's really a shame... their future and life! Sure they did sign up... but really :(

12. JpQ

JpQ Well-Known Member

If the 9/11 attacks didnt happen well...ofcourse the world trade center would be still standing still in its place and lives would have been spared.

13. napoleon

napoleon Member

Ya us Americans are pretty stupid. I can't believe the ---- they teach us in school. The problem is is that they don't have a course dedicated to LOGIC. My School District Katy,Texas, thank god, is the highest in the state, but there are still some INCREDIBLY stupid people here. I love Canada too, hell I'm half Canadian, I wish I could live there, because these dumbasses here watch TV for 5 ----in hours and complain about how things are going halfway around the ----ing world. They Don't THINK for themselves. All they need is just a LITTLE logic.

14. GuitarGuru

GuitarGuru Well-Known Member

voting right now:D

Merged Post:

i thnk it would just have been a matter of time, 9/11 just spead up the process

15. dark sephiroth

dark sephiroth New Member

remember that Bush knew Bin Laden was behind 9/11. (eventually, anyway <_< ) He went to Iraq to get Saddam husien (spelling?), even though Bin Laden would have been a nice bonus. also remember the sheer amount of oil in Iraq. Anyone who is watching series 5 of 24 should remember Walt Cumming's reason for being involved with the terrorists
    "this will give proof to existence of weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East, and allow us to establish a permenant miltary prescence there, ensuring the flow of oil to the United States for the next decade."
    While it's only a TV show, it is based heavily on facts of both terrorsts, and the US government.
    I think yes, iraq would have been invaded, 9/11 or no.