Ie Hijacker Help..

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DizZee, Nov 24, 2004.

1. DizZee

DizZee Well-Known Member

I have this thing that randomly changed words in my IE to links.. to NTSearch.com (i'd advise you NOT to go there in case it affects you) ne1 know how i can remove this, thanks for any help

Regards
    DizZee*

2. Gez

Gez Well-Known Member

ya i had this, and lots of ads come up, i would download ad-aware from ad-aware.com and scan it then restart ur comp and then scan it again and then restarts do this a couple of times and then try it

3. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

The best option you have is to stop using IE and switch over to Mozilla or Firefox, because even with a fully patched IE you will still experience lots of spyware/adware due to the gaping security gaps in the browser. The only time that I use IE is for updates or if I am coding a website and I want to see if everything works properly for people who use IE to view the site, other than that, I don't use it. I can honestly say, that I don't have any problem with spyware/adware infestation.

4. Scoyle

Scoyle Well-Known Member

Seed I am starting to like you....anyway I had the same problem with ie but I had my cousin fix it and anyway it never effected Firefox one bit...

5. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

6. DizZee

DizZee Well-Known Member

thanks all, usin mozilla atm, just downloadin fire fox :)

7. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

In my opinion, Spybot is good but not as good as "Spysweeper" which picks up more than your average adaware program. I also use Kaspersky Antivirus which can be configured to download "extended database" definitions which is specifically designed to detect and remove spyware/adware.

SpySweeper

http://www.webroot.com/

Kaspersky Antivirus

http://www.kaspersky.com/

8. Demokata

Demokata Well-Known Member

9. Gez

Gez Well-Known Member

changing browser is an unlikly solution as its a file on his computer doing it so the only to completly fix this problem is to get rid of it

10. .killjoy

.killjoy Well-Known Member

goto my "got Lag" thread and d/l a good program off that link its win rar and clean i scanned

11. Brahl

Brahl Member

I use AVG, spybot, ad-aware, norton, and firefox IR t3h uber safe :P anyway, yeah, use Firefox and use anti-adware+spyware progs and do virus checks regularly

12. F1re

F1re Member

i had a very bad case of spy-ware and everything, even when i re-installed windows and formatted my hard drive it still had spy-ware so i had to get a hole new hard drive!

13. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

here im havin the same problem only wats hitting me is DomComtoolbar it keeps installing itself everytime i unistall it like a few days l8r or somthing this is only on ie i use firefox ni far better but it still brings a popup from dotcomtoolbar in microsoft internet exploer ... is there anyway to delete internet exploer any1 no cuz its not on add and remove programs tho my firefox is set to default browser but when im on msn n go cheack emails from it it coms up with the internet exploer any1 no how to fix this ^

14. SponX

SponX Well-Known Member

Ad-aware
    Spy-Bot
    Tren Micro.com

All you need.

15. -Aus10kid-

-Aus10kid- Well-Known Member

err.... all 3 of my virus scanners have blocked ad-ware as being...well... ad ware. Spy-bot is fine though.