Idea

Discussion in 'Crew Leader Discussion' started by Scooby.05, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Pink was talking to me on msn and came up with the idea of a internship type thing.

We would have the the people teaching the people sign up maybe have 1 or 2 people per person.

So say if Cliche signs up to teach someone he would get 1 or 2 members and would teach them certain things that they would like to know.

2. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

I've seen this on many sites. Not worth the hassle, and eventually dies resulting in more angry members. Best just not too start it.

3. AG Cliche

AG Cliche Well-Known Member

I would be willing to help out, but they would have to be willing to care.

Take for instance the two guys I just recruited to help them out, I show them ---- tons of resources and give them my MSN and AIM to ask whatever the hell they want to ask me. They have honestly not made a tag or attempt to get a hold of me or ask questions, meh.

4. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

That is when they would be removed form the program and not have another chance of getting back in.

5. Logicaly

Logicaly Senior Member

I could support something like that. Write up more details on how it would work. How long someone would mentor someone for, etc. Details is the key, so that we can keep it organized.

6. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Alright ill make pink do it since its more his baby but wanted me to suggest it.

7. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Okay, we all know that the major issue here with GR is the lack designers at the level that teams require. So my idea is to have leaders round up their members that would be interested in helping..
    The plan is to basically have members from teams sign themselves up (optional) for assisting things in the GR community.
    This support could just be simple advice on MSN, help with giving them quality resources, or even as far as actual real-time support with the program Team Viewer.
    Once the list is composed of those who will be helping with this project, members from the community post and choose who they'd like to help them.

Applications-

Mentor Application
    Name:
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Why you would like to be a Mentor:

Apprentice Application
    Name:
    What you would like to learn from your Mentor:
    What is your Favorite Type of work:

The Applications are Just a place mat.

8. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

Sounds good now that I think about it. I just hope this works out.

9. kirbir

kirbir Senior Member

If we get enough members to do this and actually stick to it then i think it could work..

Also we will need members who know various different things when it comes to photoshop/gimp etc.

When and if we get members to do this, we should also have different categories for different styles, knowledge, programs used.. say for example..

Pepsi knows alot about GIMP - he could help the GIMP users, give them advice and such.
    Cliche knows alot about filters - he would help members grasp how to use filters and the advantages they have and how they could improve their artwork.
    Logic knows alot about apophysis - she would help members wanting to get help with apophysis.

Hopefully you guys will know where im going with this.. have members tell you what they know most about, what program etc and put them into certain categories. Members wanting to learn can then go to a section they want to learn most about and choose a mentor out of that said group of members and put in an application, that way members will be spread evenly around the mentors, rather than having one mentor trying to help 4-6 members at a time.

Also put a limit on how many members a mentor can have at one time.

10. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

Sound good Kirbz =), We just need to set up a way to do this. Graphics crew perhaps?

11. steez

steez Banned from GR

pretty good idea, i like what kirbir added also.

12. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Same Maybe if Kirbir is willing we could work as a team if the admins accept the idea.

13. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Same Maybe if Kirbir is willing we could work as a team if the admins accept the idea.

14. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Personally speaking, member ran orginizations very, very rarely ever work out, which is my only source of hesitancy here.

15. nanSTA

nanSTA Senior Member

Seeing as we are Leaders in crews, i think we are capable of doing this, only because we are used to being a leader figure, kind of like a staff member If you understand. But I was skeptical also.