I Want Your Excuses

Discussion in 'Camera Drawn' started by }SoC{SainT, Mar 26, 2009.

1. }SoC{SainT

}SoC{SainT Well-Known Member

We had two members, including myself, submit material to the resource pack. I have no idea where everyone went. Finals take up time, I understand that, but they were over before the deadline. Still, no one showed. I even waited several days after I was supposed to post the pack in public.

Thank you Local for contributing. As for the rest of you, if you don't contribute to the next pack, then I see no reason for you to remain in a resource crew. That's why we're here.

If you can, next time you disappear, tell us before the occurrence. It has been suggested numerous times that members be shaved off. We're now down to two active members, three if we include Photo of the Month. Even if you're not taking pictures, drop by to say hello once a month, at least.

I want to know why you didn't contribute, and if this will be a reoccurring theme.

2. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

I just didn't have time to upload. No excuse I know but I didn't have any photos until a few days before because I hadn't been out in a long time and after that I had no time for it. I will submit 11 or so for the next pack and I am going out tomorrow or Sunday to shoot those additionals. I really don't have much say in this but I noticed that we all took fairly weak shots. All of mine were texture/pattern shots and so were your guys. I plan to take some different shots for the next one so maybe everyone should try for that. Anyways, like I said, I don't really earn the right to say that, but it is my opinion and I stick to it.

3. }SoC{SainT

Well, I'll accept that. So long as we do more and better this time. I'm not sure where school is taking me yet, so we'll see. I want to try and submit some people, but we'll see.

I have a feeling that most Camera Drawn members are going to be cut...

4. Local

Local Well-Known Member

I know my entries could have been better but yeah... I feel like im the newbie of the group xD my pic's arent that bad n have some use to them maybe if u would I was just thinking if every1 else pulled their weight it'd be a more unique pack o.o I had like images of controllers saint had textures needed like a macro and landscape and we would've been ace. but thats just my opinion :) we should also try to recruit people that post on the photography comp maybe so that way we could get a lil more since we're pretty much going to be doing a massive cleaning?

5. }SoC{SainT

I don't know that we're allowed to recruit like that, since we can't create recruiting topics... It's unclear, but I guess other crews get away with it. I wish Undiscovered Artist would join :(. I'm rethinking what we told jamesx earlier too: that he can join when he has the required posts. For one, he might never get the required posts, but mainly it's that his attitude is off...

I'm going to try to finish writing some tutorials. Maybe that'll peak interest, I don't know. Won't happen until next week... hopefully.

Our crew leader could do some more leading :P

Gosh, if everyone else so much as posted in this topic, they'll be able to keep their place in the crew. I just wish people would tell me that they're losing interest or need to take a break. What happened to Slight?

6. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

Well tomorrow I am waking up around 9 so I can go up into our nearby mountains and take some pictures. I don't know exactly if I will be able to do that yet as I will be following a trail and the forests are thiiii-hick around here and I don't want to go trompsing off through that, but I am going to try to get some unique mountain/sea landscape shots. And Local, you should not feel like you are worse than anyone here. I feel like a newbie all the time and I am. Today I went out, and I haven't looked at my pictures yet, but I am 100% sure I got no good shots. Though that could have been because the spot I went was ----ty and I only took about 10 shots, but meh I am rarely happy with all the pictures I take. I also ripped my jacket on some fence wiring which sucked. Many of your shots are amazing, and you try so hard to hit all different types of photography. I think the only thing I haven't seen from you is architectural shots, though I may be mistaken about that. I just recently got out of a four year relationship and I haven't really cared for photography lately, which is the real and main reason why everything has been lacking on my part. But I have saved up some money and I am looking forward to buying a wide-angle and/or long range telephoto, possibly telephoto/macro. I am really looking forward to tomorrow though I do have to wake up in five and a half hours :S.

7. Local

Local Well-Known Member

woah rueterj posted on the photo comp wonder if he's ever checked out this board.

8. }SoC{SainT

Dunno.

I'm starting to hear an echo in here :unsure:

9. rueterj

rueterj Certified IT Professional

Sorry guys, haven't had a lot of free time. I am in the process of Joining the Air Force, and I've been very busy. As well as spending the last 15 days I can with the closest person I have to a brother before he goes to Okinawa. He's leaving at 5 AM today.

Hopefully I'll have more time to post and take pictures in the next few weeks.

10. }SoC{SainT

I'll make sure to remember this. Maybe drop in once a month to say you're alive. Let us know when you leave for boot camp :D. After you finish all of your training, let us know if you're still interested in being on here, or if you won't have time to shoot anymore. Until then, I'll leave ya alone ;)

11. dinges

dinges Senior Member

guess who hasn't been on gr actively in weeks and is still up to his neck in work :D

12. rueterj

rueterj Certified IT Professional

Funny thing about after my training is the fact that I could be going in as "Still Photography" shooting images for recon and ----.... haha...

13. }SoC{SainT

That's awesome! Make sure to buy yourself a gun stock for shooting. I hear they really help, probably give you an additional two stops. Just might make you a target if you're not careful, but this one military photographer didn't seem to have too much trouble. And it looked awesome.

Ah, dinges, I was wondering where you went! You make me feel like I have a great advantage, what with school being photo and all.

14. dinges

dinges Senior Member

haha yeah that's a pretty big advantage, though i might be able to take up a minor on photography next year, I'm still doubting between that and conceptual game-design as a minor...