I Want Your Constructive Criticism

Discussion in 'Large Artwork' started by Sh00tevery1, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Sh00tevery1

Sh00tevery1 Well-Known Member

First off I just want to say how great of a job everyone did on my piece titled "Beginning." So here I am with a whole new piece. But dont worry, I will show an updated version of "Beginning" very soon. :D

Now to my most recent piece. I wasn't entirely sure what or where I was going wtih this one. This was mainly to practice making suns/supernova's, but I have decided I want more out of this one.

MY WIP

[​IMG]

UPDATED
    [​IMG]

-What can I do for the "wow" factor?
    -What else can add to fill up some negative space?
    -What else can I add/take away from the supernova?
    -See any major problems? ( I have a tendency to look over alot of things) ;)
    -Oh and what would be a good title for this?

That is all I have to say for now, so once again thanks for all of the help I recieved on my last piece, you guys/gals are great! :D

2. OcHo.CinCo

OcHo.CinCo Well-Known Member

Your lighting effect is way off. It's really hard to see the other planets.

3. Sh00tevery1

What do you mean? Are the planets to dark?

4. OcHo.CinCo

OcHo.CinCo Well-Known Member

Yes they are to dark.

5. Sh00tevery1

Well shouldn't they be really dark? The only light source so far is the supernova in the middle and it is a really strong light source so that is why the planets have the hard shadow on them.

6. Phritz

Phritz Senior Member

Already there, a great star about to go boom you've got going there. Maybe add some more turbulence and solar flares to create a really unstable looking effect. How does it look full size? If you need some reference to some great stars here are some links:

http://synax444.deviantart.com/art/Swallow-the-Sun-96844303
    http://priteeboy.deviantart.com/art/Tug-o-War-83815875

The planets are enough - any more would distract and lose the focus of the piece, which is the star.

See wow factor ;)

The inner shadow/glow on the planets - it's too blue and that's also what I think -=Chris=- means. The brightest part of the star is white which fades to a blue, so why are the planets blue ;) - try making the glow a white and see how that work.

7. Sh00tevery1

Ok well I updated it. I think it looks alot better, but still I feel it just seems a tad empty, I am not really sure how to explain it. I would add a sort of nebula or something but I think it would distract from the main focal point (supernova). Overall I think this image is pretty close to finished. But if anyone else has some more input I would be very happy to hear it.

Oh and one more thing, I have been struggling greatly with a title, so anything help with that would be great also, thanks.

All of you have been a big help once again.

8. Shooter13pl

Shooter13pl Well-Known Member

I support