I don't care anymore

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by inverse, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

holy **** whatever happened to that thread

2. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

this is still one of the most active forums. Image cut-outs is in high demand in the design market... but calling them "renders" may be a deterrent for other designers. The term "render" refers to either rendered video files, or rendered 3D images. While most images here are cut outs of 3D renders, they aren't technically renders.

(at least that's not what I'd refer to them as if I were looking for them)

Anywho... I think if we worked on some SEO, offered some quality assets, and stuck to games (as the name implies) Traffic may increase.

3. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

The "image cut outs" that people post here are worthless to the "design community". Only sigmakers have any use for them, as they're always copyrighted images. And almost all sigmakers would only really know them as renders, even if the term isn't 100% accurate.

4. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

Sadly very true, more like ripped cut outs.

5. FleazZz

FleazZz Senior Member

So essentially we just need to become more of a graphic resource as a whole instead of just specializing in "rendering"? Sounds like a plan.

6. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

It's not a plan. Most of the active people here lack any real knowledge or skill in graphic design, a few can make decent renders, a few can make decent sigs. We're not going to be able to branch out into programming/web design/interface mods, etc etc.

We have a few people here who know a few programming languages, an epik-designs who claims to know a billion, but has yet to actually show any decent work, so it could we just be speculation at this point.

7. Clash

Clash The Go-To Guy

Ya, he wasn't even sure what Extended Script was...

For those who don't know... It's a compiler within the Adobe Suite that can compile BASIC, JavaScript or AppleScript into Automation Scripts for use in Photoshop... and in CS5 InDesign.