I Am Building A Computer...*updated*

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wrastler2, Jan 23, 2006.

1. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

Well I am sorry that you are using a poor powersupply that could potentially kill that good gfx card of yours. Read the manual I would reckon it would say it requires at least a 20a on the 12v rail psu, Ask any techie he will say to get a decent psu.

2. Namrac

Namrac Well-Known Member

I read enough reports of PSUs blowing and taking out equipment to pretty much listen to what Defuzion told me, and I suggest you do the same. Even if it costs more, it could potentially save your system.

3. DoomedKiller

DoomedKiller Well-Known Member

looks like an awsome set up but word to the wise listen to defusion he knows his ---- so dont doubt it

4. wrastler2

wrastler2 Well-Known Member

I did listen to defuzion, I have some of those parts in my computer.

5. WFCxT-time

WFCxT-time Well-Known Member

Now all we need is someone who is good at convincing parents to buy computer parts :D . I know how you feel ... it took me 4 months of begging to get my graphics card for christmas. And it took me a month before they let me buy new ram and the PSU. Just stand your ground and never fall back ... lol. ;)

6. Namrac

Namrac Well-Known Member

Or you could get a job, and save up for a couple weeks...

7. .sentinel

.sentinel Well-Known Member

ARGHGHGHGHGH

The new RAM is NOT COMPATIBLE with the mobo. You need DDR ram you have DDR2. Also get a PCI-E vid card not a PCI card.

8. wrastler2

Thanks for pointing that out. The ram just looked pretty :P I will choose another.

So I am guessing it has to be compatible with this, "DDR Standard DDR 400 (PC 3200)?"

9. .sentinel

.sentinel Well-Known Member

Yeah G.skill is a good brand just you choose the wrong one.

10. wrastler2

That could have blown my computer up....*Boom*...*headshot*

I am wondering if I should go with 2x512's or 1x1 gig. Going with one stick will give me more choices. Well, I do not have to by them as a pack right? That might help a bit.

Edit: It is between these four. All of them have great reviews and are under $40. If I bought two of any of these, would they work like the packages?

Edit2: Why do you all say that the video card that comes in the mobo sucks? I read differently here

11. Namrac

Namrac Well-Known Member

Because it doesn't acutally come with a video card. It's good for integrated graphics, but nothing compared to a decent video card.

12. WFCxT-time

WFCxT-time Well-Known Member

Most new games wont even install unless they recognize that you have ANY graphics card ... from bottom of the barrel to top of the line ... you need a grahics card no matter what if you plan to do more than just type on your computer.

13. wrastler2

Alright, I will just get a card then. I am pretty much done now, I just have to blackmail my mom somehow. XD Then I might be able to get her to order it, sucks not having a credit card.

Edit: What are the chances of it blowing up?

14. Spectre257

Spectre257 Well-Known Member

nah your computer wont blow up considering that the critical heat level of your AMD 64 is an apprent 75 Degrees C and that the chip it-self is fairly cool under load you shouldnt have any trouble with heat.
    Put it this way Im running an old fashioned AMD Athlon XP in the heat of the Australia summer and my computer hasnt died of any heat related problems. Though its sorta odd how the AMD 64s have a lower heat resistance compared to its older cousin (85 Degrees C )
    [All of the CPU critical heat point were sourced from a website]
    BTW my computer generates enough heat to be used as a heater winter ^_^ I think it runs are 51 degrees C under load :|

15. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

Have you bought your system yet? because honestly what I said was a better system all round. A better brand for everything. Motherboard was good, the one you chose I wouldnt touch. The gfx card you chose is turd so yeah if you want a better system for the same price pick up the list i gave you.