Hurricane Cause

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sneaky, Aug 31, 2005.

1. SLatios

SLatios Well-Known Member

one of my problems with the whole thing is that people are taking advantage of this and stealing from stores. not only is it wrong to steal in the first place, but you could be helping others get to safety or similar actions. its worse than the guy stealing christmas presents a couple of days before. its wrong and it shows that they have no morals

2. Templar

Templar Well-Known Member

ROFL.

Umm...they stealing food and water and clothes.

Stuff they need to survive.

The 60 inch HDTV I dont give a ---- about because its not like he can use it anytime soon. They have the morales of they dont want to die. So steal food to survive. Go right ahead.

3. SLatios

SLatios Well-Known Member

for thee people surviving, they have a reason to get food and supplies. i'm talking about the people stealing unneccessary (i probably spelled that wrong) material things from stores.

4. HBRedRider

HBRedRider Well-Known Member

Well pardon me using logic. I have a litte sympathy, but when you buy a tin can house easily destroyed by a hurricane, and you know that. You can drive a short while to a place where you can safely live in that ---- house, and not worry about it getting wiped off the face of the earth.

If you have the extra money, get a stronger house.

If you have the money to rebuild your house every year, you have the money to move.

Theres no use rebuilding New Orleans. Its been destroyed. Wiped off the face of the earth. And if they rebuild those ---- tincan houses, they're only going to get wiped out again.

Am I heartless? A little bit, but when you do something stupid, and you know the consequences, should you get just a ridiculous outpouring of sympathy?

Yes, people died. That sucks. Lots of people's lives got ruined. I understand that. But its called Mother Nature, and there are areas where you just dont live. Bush cant protect you from everything. Mother Nature does whatever the ---- it wants, its a little unpredictable.

But dont buy a ---- house in a hurricane zone. Help them now, alright. But after this, if this same situation happens all over again...do you honestly think they should still get billions of taxpayers dollars?

Oh wait, thats all being spent on killing people. So hmmmmm. [/b][/quote]
    I understand what you are saying, and i don't really want to fight anymore. but most of these people dont have the money for transportation to move, cars, or money to build a nice house. Hurricanes only hit New Orleans badly once every 30 or 50 years, many people can get away with living there. It isnt like they are building a house every year, once about every 30, if it is a bad hurricane. Most people don't run away from odds that maybe in 30 years a hurricane will destroy my house. But let's stop bickering.

I live along the coast of California. an easy walk/jog to the beach (about a mile away). If a big tsunami hit us would you say we deserved to die? Millions of people live along the coast, and that is no reason for them to deserve to die. Think about that.

Also on the case of looting, the mayor of new orleans was fine with them stealing food and supplies. However, now looters are stealing things of high value (Tvs, ect) and he has put most of the search and rescue force aside to stop the looting. The looters are moving into popular areas and that (along with the shootings) could end up being very deadly and take more lives.

5. Templar

I understand what you are saying, and i don't really want to fight anymore. but most of these people dont have the money for transportation to move, cars, or money to build a nice house. Hurricanes only hit New Orleans badly once every 30 or 50 years, many people can get away with living there. It isnt like they are building a house every year, once about every 30, if it is a bad hurricane. Most people don't run away from odds that maybe in 30 years a hurricane will destroy my house. But let's stop bickering.

I live along the coast of California. an easy walk/jog to the beach (about a mile away). If a big tsunami hit us would you say we deserved to die? Millions of people live along the coast, and that is no reason for them to deserve to die. Think about that.

Also on the case of looting, the mayor of new orleans was fine with them stealing food and supplies. However, now looters are stealing things of high value (Tvs, ect) and he has put most of the search and rescue force aside to stop the looting. The looters are moving into popular areas and that (along with the shootings) could end up being very deadly and take more lives. [/b][/quote]
    Okay. The tsunami is different. Totally.

Its one disaster, not one big one that has floods and tornados included in it.

Hurricane = floods, tornados, bad ----.

Tsunami = one big ----in wave

I remeber thatr big ass tsunami in Asia, that sucked. And thats a hell of alotta water, and thats unpredictable. The hurricane, you get plenty of early notice to get out.

Hurricane = you know when its coming

Tsunami = you never know until its too late

Dont say apples and oranges are the same thing.

6. HBRedRider

HBRedRider Well-Known Member

Haha i guess you have a good point this time. most people in my area could afford to get out even if something was forseen to hit.

7. Hydra

Hydra Well-Known Member

Also apparently there are alot of chemical factories within the city. It's just ----ing stupid to why they built them there when they knew this type of diaster could happen.

Also, no doubt, George Bush has spent alot of money on war and no one knows how he is coping with it, at the moment, not very well.

8. -pYr0-

-pYr0- Well-Known Member

Don't donate to red cross.. They use the money you donate to pay their people first.. Then they use the leftovers to buy food.. THEN they use the money to donate to people..

Who watched bushs speech.. In my opinion he showed how much of a retarded person he was

Quotes from speech(may not be totally correct)

"This hurricane is one of the worst devastations a natural disaster has ever caused"

NO sh*t

"This hurricane has caused damage that will take years to rebuild"

Thanks sherlock

I really think he likes to point out the obvious..

My heart goes out to those who have lost family, loved ones, or property in hurricane katrina.

9. -pYr0-

-pYr0- Well-Known Member

And that whole looting thing is BS..

Looting is stealing from a store let me ask you something.. Don't you think if the cashieer was there they would pay them? Their taking what they need to god damn survive.. And if your going to stop them you should be freaking executed where you stand.. Police arresting people for "stealing" food and water.. I put quotes around stealing because theirs no one to pay.. Let alone the fact that their doing you a favor cause its all gonna go bad before they need it.. Yout hink their gonan steal electronics? You think a plasma TV is gonna help them in a frekaing hurricane when theirs no electricity? You think their gonna steal a video camera that is probably so freaking ruined you couldnt see through the thing..

Any idiot accuses these people of stealing you should be shot.. They are taking what they need to survive. End of story.

10. Hydra

Hydra Well-Known Member

The Tsunami in Asia was alot more devastating.

11. .eternal

.eternal Well-Known Member

ooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooooo its my turn to put my foot in your mouth on the news the store owners said they dont care if the ppl steal from them for the fact of there insurance company is paying for it ALL YOU KNOW ALL OF IT THAS GONE DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH ......the tvs being stole from walmart the guy said hell if they want it let them have it and your gonna judge someone for that i mean ---- you could leave the state with that thing sell if for about 600 bucks seeing how its about $3,000 tv and have money to live off of while your there duhhhhhhhhhhhh why dont you stop being sucha cold hearted asshole and care about ppl how they are having to steal to live theres no money in there pockets yeah they were poor be4 but now they hurricane hit they have absolutely nothing left to live off of you cant humanly tell me that if your city got hit by a hurricane and you had no were to spend money for 1 and no way to spend it caused its all washed away you would lay there for weeks apon weeks and not eat drink ..its impossible to you would die ...are you asking these ppl to suffer and die? how ----ing dumb are you man and how heartless and selfless you are a jerk TEMPLAR you reallyl are i cant beleive you dont care if you live were theres tornados which there everywere and you knew it would happen cause it happens everywere and it tore your city apart or town you would do the same thing so shut the hell up and get offa these ppls case your heartless jerk btw i lost about hmm lets see 3 family members there i havent told you that but now i have found out they couldnt get out and died so if your trying to down those ppl ---- you and i hope your god damn ass burns in hell your mutha ----ing bitch ;( ;( ;( how dare you man

12. Opie1337

Opie1337 Well-Known Member

If all else fails...
    1. Build a dome house.
    2. Build an underground house.
    3. Leave Florida, or wherever it is that you might live.

13. FM Lawlhalla

FM Lawlhalla Senior Member

14. shinto

shinto Well-Known Member

i think it was stupid for the people who stayed their in New Orleans/whatever that hurricane hit. If you kno their was a 25 foot tidal wave coming, and a level 4/5 hurricane coming straight at you, and your below sea level? You best leave. Yeah i sound like i have no remorse or feelings, but just have common sense. If you didn't have a car hell get a bike or walk your ass to a different town or something.

I do feel sorry for all those people who, but they died because of ignorance.

15. Templar

Excuse me while I go on a major rant here.

JUST BECAUSE YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ME DOES NOT MEAN I SHOULD BE BANNED OR NEG REPPED OFF THE FACE OF THE ----ING EARTH.

If you dont like my opinions, thats nice, but dont be a baby about it and go on a neg. rep spree.