How To Use New Fonts In Photoshop Cs?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kain Saibot, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Kain Saibot

Kain Saibot Member

Topic...Topic...The fonts that are stock with Photoshop Cs are kind of..weak I mean there the same fonts you find in Wordpad who wants that crap for Banners..

So How do you use New fonts..Ive download fonts from Dafont and put them in the right folder..but its saying there not there....

2. Gez

Gez Well-Known Member

they wuld be crap and they aint stock there the one's which come with windows (im assuming u have window) in order to add new fonts you need to install them to do that just go to your windows control panel and click on font then when the screen loads up go to file>install new font, now find and select all the fonts you want to install and click ok. now you have restart photoshop inorder for the changes to take place, and now you have some nice cool fonts to use in every program which allows the use of text (apart from html programs and macromedia fireworks)

hope it helped

3. glitch

glitch Well-Known Member

usualy i dont have to reboot ps when i install a new font... i just click on the font list and its there. but that is a safe call, just isntall the font file into the font folder and it should work.

4. Seed

Seed Well-Known Member

To install fonts all you have to do is copy the fonts or font that you downloaded to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts (This is what it is normally) and there is no need to reboot after you have installed them. I usually keep a backup of all my fonts, so that is why I just copy whatever font that I download to that directory.

5. EvoL

EvoL Well-Known Member

after downloading the Font,All i do is...

Start/Control Panel/Fonts...Then Drag & Drop my new font and its all good(No need to Reboot)

6. Gez

Gez Well-Known Member

no you don't reboot the comp with me i have to restart ps before i can use them

7. JakeMasko

JakeMasko Well-Known Member

Rhode Island-United States-North America-Earth-Mil
    This is how I get my fonts to work.
    IF you are getting them from DaFont click the button that says save for windows or whatever. It should open the folder with the font and maybe a readme in it. Move the font file to 'my documents'. Once it is there, right click on it and hit copy. Then go to control panel or whatever to get to the font folder, where there should be a list with icons of all the fonts you have already. Then you just right click and hit paste and it should put it there.

Hope this helps. :D