How To Design An Alien From The Posters Of District 9?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .Shine, Aug 15, 2009.

1. .Shine

.Shine Well-Known Member

2. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Create a vector of the poster in illustrator, use some simple vanishing point lines to work out the angle of the poster, and use the 3d function in illustrator to angle the poster to suit the Stock. Paste the poster onto the stock in Photoshop, and use some blending. Pretty simple.

3. iPro

iPro Senior Member

It's not even really a fully detailed vector; its a silhouette. Very simple.

4. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

You could do this in PS easily as well as Illy.

But yeah... it's just a drawing of an alien and since it's a silhouette it's fairly easy to pull off. And then the no sign is a premade shape in PS.

All you would really have to do to get a similar humanoid alien shape would be to outline and create a silhouette of a human, and then draw in some shapes so everything is a vector and is scalable.

5. .Arkane

.Arkane Well-Known Member

I think what he wants its to know HOW to make them, not how to make THAT one. Use the pen tool, and one tip that might help your creative genius is to use the alt key to make the anchor back at the starting point so you dont get those weird curves. it helped me loads with the pen tool

6. EA Genesis

EA Genesis Senior Member

draw a sketch , scan it into illy then use the pen tool to outline and make the vector

7. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

if you had a scanner that d be a key

8. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

That is a real Bus Stop poster. I was at Dundas last week and saw it, I was like..DAMN THATS COOL.

9. jared rocks

jared rocks Member

You might also try getting a Wacom Tablet/mouse combo (or any other tablet you like)
    When used correctly it's better than scanning your images into the computer (quality of the final product wise. You'll always have more control over a pencil but that's a mood point)
    It'll take some practice to get used to the tablet but it'll be worth it. Photoshop has sensitive brushes, Painter is awesome with a tablet. A tablet an open up the realm for realism gfxing and also for some cool stuff that has to do with pressure. :D

10. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Having a tablet is irrelevant once it's scanned in, as you go around the outline in illustrator any issues you may have had and any bendy lines etc. can easily be corrected as you go along, you'll never get it perfectly neat with a wacom (if you're drawing it).