How Did You Get Here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Wow... people really are responding to this thread. cool stories, especially your novel, BFTP.

2. Gothic Surge

Gothic Surge Well-Known Member

lol actually i got bored one day and i wanted to make a sig so my friend said this GR place is cool and i was like sure why not i'll join just to get some renders..and look at me now

:)

3. -MaGiC_GiRl-

-MaGiC_GiRl- Well-Known Member

a friend :unsure: gave me the link :unsure:

4. fuse

fuse Well-Known Member

I started using the internet like 5 years ago. First, I used it to find codes and cheats for the various games I had. Then I later bought a GameShark for my N64. I needed more codes for it so I browsed GameShark while copying codes onto pieces of paper to later use on my GS.
    Then I found out GameShark had a thing called a forum. I clicked the link to it and saw people discuss various topics and hilarious posts (if you've been to IGN's boards, that's exactly how the old GameShark forums used to be, style and people). I joined and posted every now and then but at the time, I was using 56k internet so I didn't stay too long. I then got cable and started browing their forums more. Soon after, Interact began having some financial problems and went bankrupt (I think) and later gave MadCatz the GameShark name along with new boards. I quickly signed up to their new forums right away (was like midnight) and became officially active at my first true forum (GS later again got new boards :\).
    Afterwards, some GS members got into making sigs. I wanted to learn to do those and already having Photoshop gave me a boost start. My sigs were good and all (not really) but still lacked some nice looking renders. Then my buddy TSR ( :wub: ) suggested I go to GR. I browsed and leeched renders often, but never registered. I finally made my lazy azz finger click the register link and started posting. Got some more renders but then I saw the Prem Renders forum. At the time you only needed 15 posts to enter so I quickly gained those posts and leeched again. Then I started posting here in General Discussion and just stayed..

Yup.