How Did You Get Here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Lets see...lets see...

Been on the internet since...'98, and computers in general since '98, where i played Duke Nukem- my first experience with a computer. For the first year online, i liked the idea of talking & meeting people- so i stuck around such sites as Playsite.com; where i became a 'op' there(similar to moderator). Playing checkers at first, i moved to monopoly & battleship when they had it, they had very fast servers & always at least 2,000 playing monopoly. As i was slowly getting bored of checkers, i was in the 'zone' gaming from MSN lounge for checkers, and heard someone mention cybertown. I had never heard of this site, and when i popped open the front page for it- i was strucken with excitement. As the person told me more about it, i quickly signed up.

What is cybertown? Its a 3d modeling community; real 3d(better then runescape) and also allows you to create/keep to yourself/sell to the community/decorate your actual 3d house/chat with others/get a job/money, etc. This was my first experience with 3d modeling, and i was scared. I quickly moved up the ranks there, and found all sorts of stuff to do. I began working with the program Spazz3d; a basic version of 3dsmax no doubt. As i 'mastered' Spazz3d, i was noticing the poor quality of the actual program. One day someone mentioned 3dsmax, a program bigger then the acclaimed 'photoshop'. It took me almost a month to first find it & get it working, since at this time- i had already gone through a eMachines and was on my second computer, which sadly was using Windows ME, a Sony VAIO. After i got 3dsmax working, i soon realized vehicles of all kinds were what i loved creating. Luckily for me, that was a very well known thing for 3dsmax to create with quality. Insert the various graphical sites [here] relating to 3d modeling. As i went from 3dsmax to maya; and my computer couldn't handle it. After recently moving and struggling to pay the bills, i wasn't able to afford a new computer- so i looked around and tried to find a new interest. I joined other 3d modeling communities, and got jobs helping keep the actual site running & 'interesting'. On one of them, i was looking around for ways to help bring in members, and stumbled upon bulletion software. I saw the arcade modification, and quickly moved to Invision Power Board; and had someone install it for me. As i looked for ways to extend this new board, i messed it up several times- and eventually fixed it, fueling my 'love' for IPB.

When i first came for GameRenders, i had not realized it was Invision Power Board. I came solely for renders[recommended by Daz] for my new board's banner. I slowly came back, and began looking around. I bought the 'coolest' signature from the Marketplace for all my credits(70 or so) and wore it for the longest time, lol. As i learned more about Invision Power Board, i began to offer my services to the forum. I eventually caught the eye of DJ-UNI, who asked me to join his forum. Having no space to play with myself, i quickly accepted, and broke their forum several times; it was a great learning experience.

As i realized how crappy UNI-ST was, i slowly drifted back to GameRenders; where it seems like so many members came from anyways. I continued to offer my services for a decent price, and became more well known. During my first months as being 'active' on GameRenders, i can't recall a closed topic or even moderators being mentioned. Jesse Boi being new to the site, and also needing help for his own Invision Power Board, we quickly became friends of sorts. Both of us were amazed by GR as a whole(he is still hooked to the site after being banned several times lol), and we both conspired together to gain credits. We tried to run a Game Wall Papers shop that would have all the wallpapers in one, and we opened it right before i went on vacation. When i came back, i had learn that our shop was closed[it was not allowed] and that Jesse had won a brush pack contest. He quickly grew in credits, and so did I. I hooked a job for haZegfx, for 2,100 credits- and learned even more people. EddieD, who was one of the few nice guys at that site, and Morphling- a very annoying kid. Even though i worked there, i was still more active at GameRenders then anywhere else at the time. Jesse boi was the 'top' active Renderer, and most richest; with me behind by about 1k. This was when we had 9,000 & 8,000 credits- a astounding feat at the time.

Overall, i became very active- and watched as guys like GIOTEC, and Gya-Busa1/GSXR/G72 became moderator. I met sensi through 'Jill', and we hit it off right off the bat- a GR MAFIA bond ;) When i applied for moderator, i was notified by Llamaman (MSN IMed his preferred contact) at about 5 in the morning my time, in July. Exhausted from lack of sleep(i was about to head to bed lol) he asked me to become moderator of GameRenders. 4nub1s, my fav mang, introduced me to the world of GR modding with a Welcome Topic.

So started the legacy of,
    <s>BFTP</s><s>Adolf</s><s>BFTP</s>BFTPatrol

2. HoLy

HoLy Well-Known Member

you wrote alot there BFTP O_O;

3. TheBrotherhood

TheBrotherhood Well-Known Member

"How Did You Get Here?" not "BFTP's Life Story" :)
    Haha, some nice info about you. Even i was using PCs before you ;)

Anyway, i washed up on shore, was greeted very unkindly by these "GR Mafia" as they called themselves.
    They did horrible things to me in places you wouldnt believe.
    Now im desensitized and GR is my backup home. In case im loney, i can post my problems here...then get flammed and my topic closed :)

4. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Shut up or i'll desensitized you again ;)

5. -Dragon-

-Dragon- Well-Known Member

lol

any way I play alot of pc games and halo was one of my most playied games at the time,

joined a clan because of my shooting skills, visited the clan forums alot,

thought I would like a wicked sig. joined up on a different sig site to this one,

and before long started making my own sigs after my x boy friend gave me photoshop.

visited alot of sites became designer on a few, gave up on some, now im just a designer for my fav site.

I came to GR through Sig Sites as I was voting for my fav designing site. so here I am and I keep returning ....

6. Jimbo

Jimbo Well-Known Member

I just asked my friend where he got his cool renders and told me so i came

7. blade master

blade master Well-Known Member

Well the reason that i came here is because i heard that it was a good graphics site so i asked them for the link and KABOOM!!!
    Blade Master is here

8. -niNjA

-niNjA Well-Known Member

I was in KW(KlanWars) which is a halo pc community. There were some sig makers in it so I decided to get into sig making. Soon after I started making sigs, shookers started a big sig competition. So I thought well what do I have to lose, so I entered. Nobody wanted it voted on at KW because it was mostly halo players who knew nothing about sigs. So shookers made a thread asking for suggestions of where we should have the vote. Someone posted in the thread "Let's have it at www.gamerenders.com, that site is sweet." So i clicked on the link and browsed around the site a little bit and thought it was an awesome sig community to stay at so here I am.

9. +Ameno+

+Ameno+ Well-Known Member

found a tut where was saying good site for renders so i registered

10. [B.C.] uLTIMA

[B.C.] uLTIMA Well-Known Member

This was on the topsites at P2L

11. Icyfire

Icyfire Well-Known Member

I got Halo 1 for the PC, and decided that i would like modding it. I discovered Halomods.com then. After spending some time there, I went to the sig section, and happened upon DS's (demonic spartan, anyone remember him?) website. After spending some time there learning more about graphic design, and his site dying, i came here.

12. ViperAFK

ViperAFK Well-Known Member

I was on this graphics forum for a long time and decided to get into graphics, so after i got photoshop I wanted to make a sig, With one of my favorite games (timesplitters Future Perfect), so i went to google, Timed in gamerenders and clicked on the link. I wasn't active at first, I was only here for the renders, but then I wanted access to premium renders so i started posting and i'm still active to this day. ( wow Seems a combination of halo and gfx forums halo getsalot of gr's members

13. CyberForce

CyberForce Well-Known Member

I had a account here before, I dunno why I registered with that name first place, it was like a year ago... I didn't really post here or anything, maybe couple times.. just registered, and had this site in my fav.. so I decided to rejoin on September.. cause I was bored.

14. Longhorns

Longhorns Well-Known Member

After I started getting more into sigs and stuff, I needed a place to get renders to use on them. So I searched Google and here I am.

15. Aiden

Aiden Well-Known Member

Here it goes......

FIrst used my 56k for AIM only.. that's it. THen my friend introduced me to Counter-strike (1.5 at the time). Played that at his house only for quite awhile. Eventually got DSL and the game for myself.. This was around when 1.6 came out. I played for a long time... found out about custom sprays. Started off downloading free ones from sites. THen I found a forum where I could request my own. edit-strike.nl... at the time was VERY popular and active. I requested a few.. wasn't active.. first forum ever on. THen somehow I got started into making sprays for other people.. not sure why. Then I did that forever. G70 used to be a god there. THen one day he stopped posting and people said he came here, gamerenders.com. So I came to see what it was like.. for over a month the site would never load.. then all of the sudden it did. Nothing special at the time to me, since all I wanted were Counter-Strike renders.. I would only post bare minimum to acces Premium. THen started hanging around here.... been doomed ever since.