How Did You Get Here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dan, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I was reminded of this by the "what you name means" thread.

Pretty much, tell us how you got into the internet, then forums, then here. I dont want to get this topic closed because of spam, i want you to post atleast like 3+ lines... use my long story as an example.

also, we dont want to advertise, so if your going to include sites, dont link them, just say the name for example "game renders, not www.gamerenders.com

Allright, lets get things started.

In 2001, i got bored of my Gamecube and PS2, i decided i needed an Xbox. I bought one, and got the game Halo with it. I played halo for a few years, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Then Halo 2 came out, naturally i bought it the first day, and played it for about 6 months. After this i got Xbox live, and started playing, and then decided to go the halo's site, Bungie. While veiwing that site, i saw in someones sig, a link to a place called h2secrets. i went there, and became well known and "cool" i guess. I became a mod, and got lots of experience, so a kid made another site called h2awesomes. while there he got something in his sig, a pic of an elite on some backround, he told me he got this "thing" at a place called DMGraphics. i went there and browsed, and was interested, but slightly intimidated because i didnt know what it was. After spending about a month there, and getting a mod position again, someone created another site, Acid-Designs, so i went there. I stayed there and got mod, and became a so-so designer. After about another month, everybody left and we went our seperate ways, i was devestated and had nowhere to go. after a few weeks a friend of mine informed me about, YET AGAIN, a new site. it was Climax Arts. i went there, became a total post whore, and i mean 1000 posts in one month with a site with only 50 active members. About this time, the time of joining climax, i became active over here. although i registered in early july, i wasnt active until mid august. So now im here, and i go to another site also, and thats it. 2 sites.

Long story, hope you read it, and hope you submit your own!

2. Creesco

Creesco Well-Known Member

your mom told me about this site =P

not really, Reizin went here than I followed basically.

3. 1Tym

1Tym Well-Known Member

lol Long Story Short
    i liked making graphics and stuff so i went here from a friend that recommended to me and i love this place :)

4. desolution

desolution Well-Known Member

When I first started designing, I had to find some renders so I went around asking some people and they said gamerenders.com has alot of good ones, blah blah blah.

5. 5dowN

5dowN Well-Known Member

i was looking for renders for my downloaded brushes and sigs waaaay back in the 70s so yea....

6. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

yeah you were running gamerenders off your 2-bit huh? haha.

7. .Apocalypse

.Apocalypse Well-Known Member

I was eating a Snack (ham n cheese sandwich)

and then the ham and cheese fell out and went onto the floor and spelled Gamerenders on my carpet. so i went to gamerenders.com

8. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Damn, no way? ;)

9. kdawg

kdawg Well-Known Member

I clicked a Tutorial link from Good-Tutorials.com and I came here, then I got curious and saw some renders and i wanted it but I had to register so I did and never regretted it. :D

10. .DeFuZioN

.DeFuZioN Well-Known Member

I was told to come here in July 04 to check out the renders in teh gallery, liked em, registered in august.

11. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

@ Kdawg only been to Good Tutorials once... your lucky you got to salvation [GR ;)]

and yeah, i saw the gallery, but its nothing compared to the actual forum.

12. Richyzapper

Richyzapper Well-Known Member

When i first got the internet? Well when i first got onto the internet i had no consoles T_T And when i did get the internet only 56k =P I guess it was better then nothing.

Forums... Well i just wanted to talk to alot of other people so i went on gaming forums. (Online gaming) and i posted on these forums.

How i got here... Well my friend Chrozby told me at school =P HE said he liked designing and showed me his work soo i joined. And i like to to graphics aswell now.

13. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

cool, a description of each thing. good to hear.

14. Gangstarrr

Gangstarrr Well-Known Member

Well, i first got the internet around 5 or 6 years ago when i was 10. i always used to watch movies and play games on the net. But then i got into forums because i liked the idea of being able to talk with people all over the worl whilst just sitting at your PC.

I then started looking for real active forums, because non-active ones were boring. So i joined up with the most active forum i could find. then i found a site that lists the moist active forums on the net. thats where i found this site :)

you may see i cut the story short a bit, but i cant remember totally what happened!

15. flipn0tic

flipn0tic Well-Known Member

I was on a forum completely unrelated to graphics where me and Gator designed wallpapers for cash, and Gator introduced me to the world of sigging, showing off his old school SOTW winners (when he was under the alias of Diabilito or something). The concept of using gaming images (and calling them renders) and making images out of them with a wide and short canvas struck me as odd, and it was even weirder to see people entering them into competitions (SOTW). But I was intrigued, I followed the link, and the rest, as they say, is history.