Home Schooling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mint, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Mint

Mint Well-Known Member

if you were asking me, im in grade 9 im thinking about homeschooling for grade 10 cuz my school might be closing.

2. frodro

frodro Well-Known Member

well i did home school from 1-6 grade and trust me i wouldnt go back but there was things i miss but i rather be in public school anyday

3. .Shady

.Shady Well-Known Member

dont home school for high school thats when everythin happens u meet ur friends that u will be old with lol and maybe girls friends and stuff but if ur in middle school home school is good :)

4. Unreal_Me

Unreal_Me Well-Known Member

ugh these kids down the street are home schooled and all they do is play outside. Everybody in the neighborhood knows who they are and most people dislike that family if not hate them.

I agree that you miss out on a lot with home schooling, especially in high school.

5. Mint

Mint Well-Known Member

well i get the friends part but you know those ppl who are cool on msn and when there with there really close friends but there not good at meeting new ppl? how would it work with them

6. ChaoticSeph

ChaoticSeph Well-Known Member

Homeschooling gives you a life with no friends..

If you already have no friends, it might work out for you.

7. .JAKE

.JAKE Well-Known Member

Well, I have a friend who did correspondence because she got to the point where she couldn't handle life, and on 5 occasions attempted suicide. They put her in correspondence with a hospital program, and she did fine. Got into a year 12 course at her new school this year, and she's in year 9.

8. flee

flee Well-Known Member

Home schooling is i beleve more of a learning experiance. but in public you learn how to be street smart abit and how to interact with other people. both are good but when it come down to it you need to learn how to interact with people and meet the lyers and know people steal and well you know

9. .Sinister

.Sinister Well-Known Member

lmao @ home schooling do people really learn this at home? If i were to do it i doubt i would even bother.

10. Mint

Mint Well-Known Member

i see. well the only problem i find with public schools is that you know the part with jocks,sluts all those certain groups that accept you differently you know? ive bin in public school for 4 years of elementary and it was kinda like htat.

11. BKMSTR

BKMSTR Well-Known Member

Here goes my little spiel on homeschooling. I am homeschooled.

Homeschooling is a great way to be schooled if and only if you start off right away. As for friends there are things called co-ops that are a bunch of homeschooled families that get together and do stuff. Some times they go on field trips, sometimes have a christmas party, ect... If your kids are in school leave them there. I was taken out of school in 8th grade. I hated my parents for about 3 years. I am now a Senior in Highschool still homeschooled. I have finally excepted I won't be going to a public highschool but it took a long time. So if you want to save yourself a headache or 1000 keep in school if already in but it's totally ok to start off w/ homeschooling then go into school. This happened to my friend and he is doing fine there. Homeschooling is nice because if you want to take a vacation you don't have to skip school or take it on spring break. This April we will be going to Colorado skiing the week after the public schools have spring break because the prices are 50% cheaper.

As for the PE thing I used to go to the YMCA every week about twice a week and hang out w/ some homeschooled friends. Plus I used to ride BMX which is another form of PE. You just have to make your kids get off their butts and do some exercise.

It all depends on the kid to do the learning. Even if he doesn't want to learn what's being taught (like me) at home he still has to do the work or there is a punishment like no car for me. As for being anti-social again it all depends on the kid. Some kids in public schools are anti-social and some homeschoolers are anti-social.

So I think it all depends on where your kids are in school.

12. Mint

Mint Well-Known Member

my situation is going from a private school which is closing to either homeschooling or a public school. alot of public schools here have drugs and alcohol ex one school earl mariet school we call it educated marajuana smokers because its packed with ppl like htat and another school is all alcohol and gangs. Thats my issue with public schools.

13. Rated R Inferno

Rated R Inferno Well-Known Member

well i usually finish my work fast at school and then i spend the rest of the class period bored but if it was home schooling, i would get more free time cause i would finish my work fast,

14. BKMSTR

BKMSTR Well-Known Member

I can't really give you advice about that because all the Private schools here are full of drugs/alchohol. I'd say probably go for homeschooling then. You will still have your friends from school plus the ppl from the co-op if you join.

15. CorruptCop

CorruptCop Well-Known Member

home schooling = trolls. no social life.

public school = tons of great things like, harrassing freshman if your a high grade then them, etc..

edit:
    catholic schools full of sluts dont forget that.