Hey

Discussion in 'Bare Canvas' started by Slywolf, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Slywolf

Slywolf Well-Known Member

So... I know you all. I mean I know your nickname, I know what type of gfx you do... but I'm curious to know your "real self". Your real name, from where you are and what you do on your free time, etc. One of my favourite things is to meet different people from different countries and cultures. I will say something about me and if you want, feel free to join the thread =P

My first name is Daniel (that's where my D comes from) and my last name is Cachola.

I'm portuguese (Here) and I'm 19 years old.

I'm a college freshman and I'm taking a minor in management.

Facts about me:

I've practiced soccer, basketball, karate, tennis and competitive swimming in several teams but I never settle with something. dunno I just get bored =P

I play the piano and a bit of guitar.

The only class I've made till now is management english with a grade of 18 (in a scale of 20)

I love playing online videogames, especially FPS' (RPG's consume too much time). Nowadays I've been playing Team Fortress 2 and CSS.

Pictures:

Well this is me lads (Me&unknowngirl, me doing stupid face)

2. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

First and foremost: This is in the BC section because I like and trust yall, don't go posting this elsewhere.

My name is Brett Shields, I'm from the USA (The <strike>good</strike> better part, in my case specifically, Chicago), I'm a high school senior (SENIORS 09!) and I do stuff...

I do a ---- ton of gaming, currently Left 4 Dead, team fortress 2, CSS. A half dozen hl mods thrown in there as well.

I have played violin for 10 years, and viola for one and a half. I played in the school orchestra, 3 years, didn't do it this year because my Myth and Minds and Japanese 2 courses met (along with orchestra) the same 2 periods, so one had to go and out it went.

I currently speak 3 languages, English (Fluent/Main), French (Proficiently), and Japanese (Loosely).

I'm currently teaching myself Bass Guitar, dabbling in Graphic Design, and spending lots of time with my girlfriend.

My greatest joy atm would be to go to Japan this summer, after graduating, and spend 4-6 weeks in a Japanese High School and home-stay program. I don't want to just settle for a semester abroad during college because, although it would be awesome and I'd go in a heartbeat, I want to experience the high school life of Japan, the culture fascinates me.

I don't have any pics lying around, but if you hit me up on face book or something I'd probably accept and then you can go nuts.

3. Slywolf

Slywolf Well-Known Member

ahahah pleasure to meet you =P We gotta play CSS (I'm --- xD) or smth one of these days =P

You have all figured out ^^

btw, I enjoy learning new languages a lot.

I speak portuguese (main language), english (pretty well I think), Spanish (Proficiently) and slowy I think I can get some italian and french ^^

4. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

yea sure, CSS some time >:)

5. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

[.BC.] Dr. Pepsi Well-Known Member

man, as soon as i get my new PC finished, we oughta get a BC left4dead group action goin' on. :D

a little bout me: 21, student, living close to washington dc. handheld gamer for most of my life, looking forward to getting into the PC gaming realm more.

been doin' graphics for over 4 years now, started out with CS2, then later switched to GIMP, which i grew to love and have been using ever since. ;0

been playing piano for over a decade, wish i made more time for it. :S

languages: english (native speaker lol), and crappy high school spanish

i don't practice the spanish (no real opportunity or reason to), so it's hard for me :S

6. Daecu

Daecu Senior Member

OH: addition:

I'm a massive elitist when it comes to PC fps games :D

7. [.BC.] Dr. Pepsi

[.BC.] Dr. Pepsi Well-Known Member

i get ya. FPS games are virtually unplayable on consoles. ;)

8. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

This stays in BC. If it's found anywhere else, I'll kill you.

Job: Technician

Things about me (Keep these secret)
    I like to rap and I'm putting out a mixtape in the near future.
    I like GFX design and used to be really into it, I've sort of fallen off due to the rap thing.

And yeah...that's about it.

9. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

Job: Student..

Born in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, but still Patriotic to my fully Scottish father and his family, and my French/Greek counterparts on my mum's side.
    I love to dance. Hip Hop dancing, break, and lots of Ball Room.
    I love to just hit the clubs, and used to obsess over school dances!
    I've played soccer/football all my life, as it continues as a big hobby for me.
    I hate hockey, and football. North America for the loss. :P
    I'm a big metro sexual. I love to dress nice, I have a LARGE sense of fashion, i love to look, smell, and feel great!
    All the guys think I'm gay, maybe it's jealousy? I'm always getting into trouble with girls because I have too many of them in my life, hahaa.
    I'm a fighter. Ever since grade 5, 5 fights a year is a minimum. I usually don't start the fights, just wrong crowds, and I go to a really stuck up school, full of rich and conceited hockey and football players.

I LOVE HIP HOP. I mean, i adore all types of music, but real, fresh, and hip hop that has meaningful story is a big time life saver.
    I love to root for the underdog, and I have no problem stating when things are too over or underrated.
    My longest relationship, and the first and only time I had felt true love lasted 7 months, and when we broke in November, 08, i lost all faith. And still contain none.

I'm very sensitive and emotional, but i do have a strong masculine side, like I said, I love to fight, and I love to game. Not extremely into games, but things like Halo 3 on live, Smash Bros, and I used to play Source and DotA.

I'm 6'3 and 175 pounds, I have dark brown hair, dark brown eyes, and I have a natural golden skin color.
    I'm very shy at first, but once we get acquainted I'll show you I can be a pretty big party animal.
    Usually don't embarrass myself at parties, but I'm known in a real conversation to be brutally honest.
    I've studied Psychology as a hobby in one of my summers, which is a huge benefit for relationships, or just understanding and being successful in difficult, personal situations.
    I've also taken a masseuse class, in the summer of Grade 10. I'm sure we can all assume the bonus points I've gained from that. ;)

I used to break dance, until I shattered both my wrists, and suffered some concussions. Nothing big in break though, just windmills, swipes, footwork, flares, and flips.
    I also used to skateboard, once again, nothing big. Street skating, best trick - Laser Flip / 360 flip, quit because of expense, and just got bored.

I'm told i'm very down to earth, I'm a good listener, and I should worry more about myself than others, because too much generosity for others will actually have me hurt more often.

oh yeah, and I start college September 09, studying Digital Art: Graphics and Web Design at a local college, then off to Sheridan in 2011 for a Degree. :)

10. Mortified Penguin

My dad used to be one but he won't teach me. I want to get a course as I'm really only good at shoulder massages. It is a good idea though eh? You had the same thoughts as me. Bonus points ftw!

11. [ED] Aose

[ED] Aose Well-Known Member

My Name is Brian, I am 17, live in California

Currently a senior in High school, just finished finals and now I'm in my last semester of High School. I like graphics design work, video games, music, movies, etc.

Favorite types of music are rock, metal, industrial, alternative, etc.

Don't play any sports but I like to watch Hockey and root for the Sharks of course...

I like to snowboard, although I totally suck at it..

Been doing graphics for years now, about 3 or 4 I think, maybe more...I taught myself a long time back when I joined a Halo clan (nerdy I know :tongue: ) and I saw the signatures they were making so I thought I'd give it a try, I got Photoshop 7 and ever since then I taught myself the program and now I'm here today...

Currently taking an Animation & Motion Graphics ROP class, and for college I'm either going to take English, Graphics Design, or Game Art and Design.

12. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Senior Member

Sup.

My real name is Alessandro, and I'm italian (but I've been living abroad for a few months, and will stay here 1-2 more years. not as bad as it sounds, I'm having a good time).

Been doing graphics since a little less than a year

and I always liked football (soccer, not the american one), which is obvious, since I'm italian :D

what else do I like to do...

I'm 17 and I'm currently in the year before my last year of high school.
    My main language is Italian, but I speak English fluently, and decent French (I attend most classes in english, and live in a French-speaking country).

and D, I know lots portoguese people somehow :P

13. Xioushi

Xioushi Well-Known Member

It's totally worth it.
    Just last night after my sister's party, this girl Rosa, I used to know..barely do anymore, asked me to rub her down in some French Vanilla body butter.
    She has an amazingly hot body...

let's just leave it there.

14. Mortified Penguin

Or we could pick it up via Email...

[email protected]

B)

15. Psvertjuh

Psvertjuh NotYourMonkeyNotYourRobot

Emiel Heinis, 17 year old, zeh Netherlands

Currently on Media College in Amsterdam, doing interactive design. As for hobbies I don't really got something, used to play soccer but quited with that few years ago, also drummed but after two years I also stopped with that ... Geez, im a quiter lol :[

Anyway, I love photoshopping obviously, music aswell, listin to alot music, from hiphop to hardcore, well ok mostly hardcore/hardstyle ...

Been into this gfx world for about 4 years now I think, cant be sure though xd