Help With Running Faster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurori, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Vext

Vext Well-Known Member

Yea, such as "everything gets blamed on whitey."

Geez, most of you need to lighten up. :P lol

2. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

I made my post format incorrectlly. It wasn't really anything directed toward Blazeman, but more to the stereotype that everyone in the military is tough as ----....But is it bad for someone to think of you as a badass? Hmmm...

3. SM Infinity

SM Infinity Senior Member

I agree with everything Blazeman said, cause I'm no --- at any of it but I'm sure he knows what he's talking about lol. I found this thread very helpful, I've been considering signing up for football at my school and now I know what I need to work on lol. So...err...thanks :D .

EDIT: rofl at word filter.... :lol:

4. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Tell me one time where i'm walking around acting like a badass on GR?

FYI

When i talk about my job I talk to people who actually are interseted since its a job where you can make alot of the Military and at the same time be able to do some high speed stuff.

Darkstar is learning the Civilian part of the same Job i do just doesn't work on the same Systems that I use.

So please quote me on a post where i'm like i'm a bad ass i am in the ARMY...

5. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

Fry..Dont spam relate to the topic thread or dont post at all

He was giving tips to the one asking for help - Your post was useless so dont do it again

DarkStar

6. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

I'd rather not see this conversation spam up this thread. The intent of the thread is to talk about speed training, not whether people in the military thing they're bad ass. Take it to PMs or just drop it, thanks.

7. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

No problem just here to help all the football guys :)

Its a great sport that helps with learning more than just plays...but it takes alot that when you start your own life you use those same tactics in a real world.

Those who play when you leave you have a since to have to get along with people you don't like.

Work through tough times and keep your head high when things don't go right on the field.

Its all around sport for now and later

8. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

squats/deadlifts and a lot of 50-200yard sprints.

don't save your energy for the end on the sprints, use it all at once and just be 'slow' the rest of the way, really explode.

9. tombom_52

tombom_52 Well-Known Member

work out your legs and run alot.

10. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

Um...6.12 is decent I supose, but not good. This one kid, who was a Sophomore, ran it in 4.45. Which, that is good. And possible. I ran it in 6 flat. And I didn't run all that hard during it. Besides, that's a diffrent type of running. That's more of a endurance thing, not a speed thing. All you have to do for the mile is get at a decent pace and stay it. Or if you're going for like, a record, sprint the whole way, which is what my friend did at school...I tried to keep up with him, and I did for like, the first three laps, but then I got tired, sheesh. :P

11. Aurori

Aurori Well-Known Member

I am trying to get my 40 yard dash time to down around a 4.6 if that is possible lol.

Right now I am 5 flat, and I want to get down so I can scramble when I need to.

*thx for the posts guys, didnt expect a 3 page essay lol*

12. XxCarbinexX

I think that a good diet will work, but mainly I think that breathing techniques would be more effective. Also, drinking lots of water to stay hydrated would help alot.

13. spartan117

spartan117 Senior Member

Offtopic: Nice tag/sig/whatever Blazeman. Probably the best one I've ever seen with real images rather than renders or other computer generated graphics.

Back on topic: Well, I sort of got kicked off my school's football team last year for skipping practice to actually do homework lmao, but I still know a little about this crap. Playing quarterback requires both speed and endurance. I guess halfback does too though. In my opinion, quarterbacks don't run as much as WRs or normal receivers, but you still ought to be pretty fast. I would recommend doing a bunch of wind sprints as Blazeman has already advised, and also doing long distance so that you can work on that endurance so that you aren't getting as winded in the middle of the game.
    Most schools are in track season right now(Well, mine does in TX) and if so, you ought to join track to work on these kinda things.
    However, I have some other advice too. I would say that you shouldn't work too much on your speed. If the other contenders already have you beat in speed, get better at something else. Work more on your arm and throwing deep and accurate and fast and whatnot. If you work too much on speed and not much on your throwing, you wouldn't make that great of a quarterback anyways.

14. XxCarbinexX

6 minutes is good, but 4 is excellent. Most people at my school get around 6-7 minutes.

I think that I ran the mile faster before, but I didn't time it.

15. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Thank you <3