Help With Running Faster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurori, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Sapphire Blade

Sapphire Blade Well-Known Member

Kirbir...."due in part to"

2. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

I just realized that wasn't posted by Kirbir

>.>

Misleading avatar xD

3. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

When did this become a racial thread ... lol

Yes he said hes white and not as fast but man he wanted help with running not yell at him for saying that :D

No more random comments

DarkStar

4. lllAE86lll

lllAE86lll GR Since 2005

l0lz ! That is the best to make u run the hell out of u without any oxygen left

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

^ Roflcopter

6. RebelYell101

RebelYell101 Well-Known Member

Um...okay, he wasn't being racist, you guys, ONCE AGAIN SHOWED HOW FLIPPIN' sensitive you are...go figure, DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!...goodness...

Anyways, it is true that black people tend to be quicker/faster then white people. That's just, a no brainer.

Anyways, stretch alot...loose weight...muscle does not necisarily equal speed, either. Sometimes, it makes you slower (i.e. muscle weighs more then fat) So, do light weights alot. Like, ten reps of ten. (Bench press with LIGHT WEIGHT!) The only thing I would say work out, to build muscle is, your legs...(i.e. squat with weight, that sort of thing.)

BUT, I would like to say, slavery has nothing to do with black people being faster, rofl. Because, as kirbir said, blacks are not the only people to be slaves. Sorry, I know people like to act like they were, but no, they weren't. Other races were slaves much longer then blacks. Sorry charlie, that part isn't true. Want to know why? If my dad worked out TONS before my mother and him conceived me, it would NOT change my muscle. Only his, muscle is not genetic. Size, is, but not muscle. That's just so silly. I don't know who told you that, but it sounds like something my little brother would think of. Btw, he's twelve.

7. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

I am pretty good at running, I ran the mile in 6:12, which isn't bad.

What you need to do is work on your breathing. You need to take slow, full breaths. Quickly panting won't get enought oxygen to the rest of your body. It is easy really, you just have to have endurance and good stamina.

8. SM Ascillor

SM Ascillor Senior Member

Dunno about the twitch time, but I thought it was a proven fact that people of the African race have a muscle in their legs that allows them to run/jump faster? I haven't actually read any papers on it, I'll have to look it up.

And yeah you should probably listen to someone like Blazeman, who's in the military after all.

The soda drinks is a huge one, soda has so much sugar in it, that's actually the first thing you should lose when you diet.

9. XxCarbinexX

XxCarbinexX Well-Known Member

He's a computer hacker. If he were in a combat unit it would be a different story. I'm just saying that not everything in the military=hardcore lean mean fighting machine.

10. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

take jesus juice to run faster!

11. GroundZero

GroundZero Well-Known Member

i know most people are freakin out about the "because i am white thing", so i'm not gonna kill you on it, but just watch what you say :D.

anyways, using a squat machine to do leg lifts has helped me.
    maybe like, a stair master?
    if you just keep running and working the different muscles in your legs i'm sure you'll get faster(and i'm aware that this advice is crap compared to those who actually running track right now)

12. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Lol I guess I'm not all lean mean fighting machine...they just are deploying me in Feb of 2008 ...and also training me for a Brigade called "Battlefield surveillance Brigade" Hint the world Battlefield.

Everyone in the ARMY learns a MOS yes I'm a Military Intelligence Systems Operator / Intergrator / Maintainer / Hacker...

But your first thing you learn is to be a soldier how to defend yourself against those who want you dead how to shoot a weapon how to use hand to hand combat and how to kill.

Don't act like you know something about the ARMY becuase you watch commericals come sign up and learn for yourself.

13. SM Ascillor

SM Ascillor Senior Member

But he also mentioned he played QB + I agreed with his diet tips.

14. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Lol I'm actually talking to people about doing Arena Football when i get out of the ARMY :)

Its alot of fun and is something to do on the side.

15. Acid Gambit

Acid Gambit Well-Known Member

I belive it's an old joke..