Help With Running Faster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aurori, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Aurori

Aurori Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have decided to tryout for different position on my team this year. And I am trying out for quarterback and halfback. The problem is I am white and I am not as fast as the other people.

Right now If i had to guess i'd say I ran about a 5 flat on my 40. I need some ways that I can get faster before the season starts.

Im gonna work on losing weight. and stuff liek that. But i wanted to know if there were any excercies that I could do to help increase my speed.

I want to hear frmo everyone so please reply!

2. -=DaRKSTaR=-

-=DaRKSTaR=- Senior Member

Treadmill at high speeds - Stamina & Speed - Not for 5mins but for say 20mins

OR do some hard ones like start off low then you go 1min at 9km/h then u do 2mins at 10km/h then 3mins at 11km/h then 4mins at 12km/h - I hav done that before - Kills you when you reach high speeds and have to do it longer

Thats all i can say atm :(

DarkStar

3. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

run from a dog

4. Vext

Vext Well-Known Member

Be sure to try to stretch out your legs as best as you can. I found that helps well.

5. ghettolt

ghettolt Well-Known Member

"The problem is I am white and I am not as fast as the other people."

wtf? what does your race have to do with anything?

6. Bunky

Bunky Well-Known Member

What does being white have to do with anything? LOL. Well like said about you can try the tread mill or you can do squats or get on a bench and work out your thigh and calf muscle. Good luck.

7. ShneakySquirrel

ShneakySquirrel Well-Known Member

Exactly what the people right above me said. WTF does being white have ANYTHING to do with running fast? Are you some ----ing brainwashed dumbass who has been told to believe that being white has any diminishing qualities of being a human being? I'm white, and I'm pretty damn fast. Hell, the fastest kids at my school are white. If ANYTHING, you'd be faster if your white. But it has NOTHING to do with speed. Get that ---- outta your mind. You will never go anywhere in life with anything if you keep thinking about ---- like that.

So, THAT is a good way for you to run faster. Second lesson, is do short sprints. And LOTS of leg exercises. Where heavier shoes, or weigh your shoes down somehow, that will make your legs used to more weight, and make them stronger.

But hell, if you wanna get it done quickly, go for steroids :P .

P.S... I was kidding about the steroids.

8. brownie

brownie Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly, anyways i use to be on the track and field back in high school, best thing to start running faster is to for 30 min run and work on ure calfs use weights and also drink milk it has to be good for something ;)

9. Sapphire Blade

Sapphire Blade Well-Known Member

first of all stretch every morning and each night.
    run track, and do exercises to strengthen your legs
    examples:
    calf raises
    leg press
    reverse calf raises
    squating (lower back, legs), with weight, don't try to be funny

etc.

Because he is white

proven fact, african american males tend to have more natural endurance, speed and strength...due inpart to slavery

10. ShneakySquirrel

ShneakySquirrel Well-Known Member

Bull----. If that were the case, than Jews would be the strongest mother ----ers around, because they've been slaves about... 4-5 thousand years longer than African-Americans.

You lose.

11. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Not sure about your school, but mine does speed training in the off-season for football and the other sports. Maybe you could look for a training school or something along those lines where they offer speed training and other things, it might cost a little money but it would be worth it in the end probably.

Because of slavery? Might want to check your statistics again. African-Americans tend to have a faster twitch time between their brain signals and their muscles, twitch time being the amount of time it takes for the signal to get to the muscle fiber and cause it to react. That makes some run faster than others, but it isn't entirely true for each person.

12. desertfox

desertfox Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was gonna say....... :unsure:

13. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

I played Quarterback for a Texas 5A school... we do alot of drills that help with speed.

1. The biggest thing that we did was there would be a sled or a parachute that we would run with 100 yards at a time and then 90, 80, till 50 yard line.

2. Start doing more squats in the weight room build up your legs the same time your doing sprint drills.

3. If your going to do QB you have to be able to think quick on your feet so teach yourself perfect 3 step drops, 5 step drops, and different hand offs such as 6 step and 5 step. Also play action..

4. To help your speed when it counts get a Wide Reciever buddy and get the play book run over drills as fast and accurate as you can and work on speeding yourself up.

5. Don't each junk food thats a biggy..eat like a healthy balance and work on trying to loose the baby fat you might have. Try and eat a heathly all around meal

LAY OFF SODA DRINKS!!!! <<<Slows you down alot trust me and Alcohol but your kinda young lol i hope ;)

6. Back to drills do wind sprints

goal line to 20, back to goal line, goal line to 30, back to goal line

do this all the way to the 50 take a 1 minute break do it again and then 3 minute break than do it again and then take a 5 minutes break and do another set wait 5 minutes again and do as many sprints as you can like go past the 50 and see how far your body will let you sprint before you can't go.

That will help you out

I went from running a 5.2 my freshman year to running a 4.6 my senior year.

Good luck :)

Also if you need any help with some techniques when it comes to QB i'm your man

-Blaze

14. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

Yea me too, and I can jump pretty high too, most ppl don't believe me EITHER but I am good WR

But then again they do make stereotypes about Af.Ams being faster because..well most of them are fast as hell.

No racism intended, i love everyone lol

15. Bam

Bam Well-Known Member

Black people generally are really fast.