Help On Port Forwarding

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by canvasch, Feb 24, 2007.

1. canvasch

canvasch Well-Known Member

ok...i've done EVERYTHING portforward.com has told me... i set up a static ip ( 192.168.11.36 ) i have opened a few ports ( see image below) but when i try websites to test if my ports are forward they inform me that they are not... what is going wrong here..? I have a Buffalo WHR-G54S 125 router... with the stock firmware.. thinking about changing it to either Tomato or DD-WRT

open ports
    [​IMG]
    .......when i check the ports it says they are closed.... and they give me another ip...
    when i got to 71.55.225.52 it takes me to another page
    [​IMG]
    nothing on there i can find useful... but uhh.......
    ........... ok so the 71.**.**5.** is my actual ip... and my static ip is 192.168.11.36....... but why aren't my ports properly forwarded.....

my firewall is allowing these ports to be open and even when i turn it off it's still no good....
    any help or ideas on why my ports say they are forwarded when they aren't would be greatly appreciated

2. .RaMBo

.RaMBo Well-Known Member

I don't think you c?an use the same port for UDP and TCP. Are you using this for P2P? What program that would help out. I use different ports for UDP & TCP.

3. canvasch

using this for utorrent and a different port for an application controlled by my DS

4. canvasch

found the problem.. apparently my isp decided to start charging for an actual static ip, and doing through my router alone isn't good enough...