Help me to find a starter Tablet

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Garrett, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Garrett

Garrett Well-Known Member

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I've been here (2 years I think). Recently I've been wanting to get back into digital art as a hobby, but instead of signatures with renders from canon that I used to do, I wanted to focus on larger scale fully fictional pieces (I am greatly inspired by these pieces: http://tigaer.deviantart.com/)

With that said, I know I wouldn't be able to pull stuff like that off with a mouse, and to that end I have been looking at a Tablet to buy to start. Obviously, I would love one of those Wacoms that actually display the screen on the tablet, but it's not exactly in the price range of a "starter".

I was hoping someone with a little knowledge of tablets could point me towards a relatively decent tablet in a modest price range that would have decent functionality for what it is, so that I can play around with it and figure out if it is something I want to stick with without worrying about spending boatloads of money.

Thanks a lot lll._.

2. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

I just recently bought a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet for $200; it's incredible. It has a ipod classic style click wheel (for resizing, turning the canvas, changing brush size), customizable shortcut buttons, and a comfortable tilt/pressure sensitive pen. I use it all the time now in my workflow. You don't need a huge one either, the small does just fine.

I highly recommend it, if your a professional illustration/designer its a no brainer over their bamboo line which is pretty bare bones compared to the Intuos.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction!