Heavy Vs Rap

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Nasuul, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chakka

Chakka Well-Known Member

wow, hold on you're saying that ROCKERS and METAL HEADS are the drug free ones? Not from where I'm standing :lol:

and I disagree with a lot of these statements saying rappers are only in it for the money. Yeah that might be the case for some, but then you get those kinds of 'musicians' in all genres. I may not like the music but at least some of them make it with passion...not just for the money.

2. rotting.away

rotting.away Well-Known Member

Metal for everything. It even helps me fall asleep.

3. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

Hahahaha i didnt say they didnt do drugs. They just dont do it and say "Yeah lookit me i smoked a cone, smoked the dude next door, then smoked a 100 dollar bill...GUNNNNIIIIT"

Lol

But your right chakka, im just generalisating. There are some great rappers and such that aint mainstream that i enjoy hearing, they are deep and good.

Fort Minor
    Hilltop Hoods - Aussieness allround! PRYDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Knight in Rusting Armour

Knight in Rusting Armour Member

I prefer metal/rock music usually, Im listening to Korn right now actually. I do like Swollen Members though who are Hip Hop but not "gangsta" they sing about real stuff and i also like the album that Linkin Park and Jay-Z made together.

5. EBK

EBK Senior Member

^^^ y bet $50, i bet ya $500 :D or if u want, all my GR creds..lol...

6. .Menace

.Menace Well-Known Member

Some people are confuse here. All Rappers doesn't talk about money, sex, drugs, hot cars or jewelry (bling bling), real Rappers (not the ones that talk sh!t about their mothers to get millions of dollars) talk about social problems, racism, poverty, etc. I love Rap, but I hate those kind of Rappers like 50 Cent and Lil Jon.
    Mos Def is a great rapper, so are KRS-One, Inmortal Technique, Rakim, etc. Trust me on this one... a monkey with a synthesiser and a microphone can't come up with a Kanye West song, trust me.

7. noraath

noraath Well-Known Member

you sure? 100% sure? cause every rap song i've heard in the last 10 years has sounded exactly the same...

8. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

^yeh

9. [.BC.] .Sacrifice

[.BC.] .Sacrifice Banned from GR

Everyone can become a rapper, all you need is to download a beat from the internet and just talk to the microfone. It's no big deal honestly.

10. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

its like anyone can slap a render on top of a background made from other peoples brushs and call it a sig.

But not everyone can build up a truly beuatiful and powerful signature from scratch.

11. Nigerianrulz

Nigerianrulz Well-Known Member

lol rap is not that bad, thats what most ppl think of rap but when you listen closely you will find the lyrics is amazing not everyone can write lyrics like that alright. Is like snoop dog his lyric talent is heaps good and many other like 2pac, dre and many more but the modern ones are just noob.

12. ikky

ikky Senior Member

Hip hop and rap for me through and through.

I listen to rap that is intended to be listened to ina an analytical sense eg, Tupac, Saigon, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, Dead prez and some Papoose. I listen to metaphorical speach and all the true components of real rap music, like meta's,vocab,multie and most important message.

I agree steriotypical rap which is stemed from the 50 Pence era brings down the whole industry, but as with anything it is all about making money, which is sad. Prehaps try some of the names i have suggested for a change of pace. " Everyone wants to hear real artists, you gave us 50 CENT... and short changed us " - Encrypted Hieroglyfiks

The only time i listen to people like 50cent is if the beat and flow are really nice, like " when it rains it poors " by 50, other then that i ignor it as much as possible.

Music is mood, and mood is power just how music can make you feel good it can make you feel bad too just keep that in mind when you listen to demonic style songs.

My ties with hip hop are that i know its cliche but untill i was 15 i grew up in a rough place, i watched my uncle ( who lived with us ) die young, slowly due to drug use or abuse w/e ... and i was in hand cuffs just about every week o_O; Thats where i can relate to topics in the songs.

For me its hip hop through and through but i do listen to other forms of music if not all others, but hip hop is where my heart is.

13. Innershadow

Innershadow Well-Known Member

I prefer metal/rock ^_^ I just can't get myself into rap, sorry

14. Mathijs.Design

Mathijs.Design Well-Known Member

Rap in my opinion is more art then rock
    Only its melody usually sucks donkey c*ck
    Rocks melody, yeah it has more difference
    Still > I < think it sucks, like harry potter's arch enemy slithering
    This is my worst attempt on writing some rap
    Please don't kill me, I hate to be backstabbed :unsure:

15. femiCOM