Heath Ledger R.i.p

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pulse., Jan 22, 2008.

1. SM Ciel

SM Ciel Well-Known Member

Doubtful.
    But now it's going to be on the news 24/7 because there is nothing to report.

2. Mortified Penguin

Mortified Penguin Senior Member

Well now they are saying there might be something with the drugs. I didn't watch the report but overheard the introduction.

3. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

Thousands of other people died today.
    What a lovely hypocritical society we live in.

</Care>

4. [-PE-] Ghost

[-PE-] Ghost Well-Known Member

Somehow I don't think we can spotlight thousands of people, and not all of them are good people anyway. How is having rememberance of him anywhere close to hypocritical?

5. .genesis

.genesis Well-Known Member

That's so sad. May he R.I.P. I was really looking forward to him as the joker, at least he finished that. I loved him in Brothers Grimm too.

6. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

And who says Heath was a good person? He could have been an evil etc....
    You don't think you can spotlight everyone, so you pick out "Celebrities" and everyone really pretends they care, how is it so much sadder then the random kid in Africa who dies of Aids, something he can't control rather then an Actor getting bored and overdosing.

Kay?

7. pianoman0723

pianoman0723 Well-Known Member

God that's a pretentious viewpoint. Step down from your moral pedestal for a minute so I can talk to you. Thousands of people die every day, true, but you're asking why we should feel bad for just one rich guy? Wow. Should I just pick some random African name and hope some kid with that name died today, just so I can clear my conscience? The whole reason everyone is upset is because we know of him. We know his name, we've seen his movies, and we have some insight into how his mind worked. So what if he's privileged? Does that make him less worthy of sympathy? You can't mourn every single kid in Africa who dies daily; it's just not practical. It's much more practical make moves trying to save the other kids.

Celebrities are objects to be watched and admired. They're like canaries. When canary is caged, it's beautiful, but it won't last. It dies, and the viewers are sad. A poor child in Africa is like a stray cat a block away for most Americans. It's a distant problem, and there are so many stray cats that it makes more sense to try to prevent the cats from even becoming stray in the first place than to weep over the dead stray like you did the canary.

8. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

He will forever be known as a butt pirate.

Also, gtfo, no one really cares if a celebrity or an African child died. Unless the person is within direct relation to you (or, in this case, your just some insane overly obsessed fan boy/girl) your sympathy is directly related to the amount of attention you will get, to even remotely deny that is a lie.

I have gone on quite a few religious (dem, religious? preposterous) missionary trips to 3rd world countries, the one that sticks out in my head is Bangladesh where children die daily of starvation and work harder than 90% of the Americans. My heart definitely extends far further to them than any celebrity who overdoses due to a selfish affliction, any day. His act was selfish, and sympathizing for his selfish affliction is basically the same as encouraging attention whores to go commit suicide.

9. becks

becks Well-Known Member

its very sad...rip

10. becks

becks Well-Known Member

i dont knw ab him being selfish and stuff but u have a good point.

11. [-PE-] Ghost

Well dem, you contradict yourself, you just said you can't care about someone not directly related to you, well, those kids aren't related to you so your either lying about not caring if they are related or lying about those kids to make yourself seem better. Pick one.

And butt pirate? Wow, how old are you?

12. bluefalcon_ad

bluefalcon_ad Well-Known Member

Watch all you idiots saying you don't care watch The Dark Knight and say you love it to death and the Joker was awesome. It happens all the time. One of the biggest contradictions you can ask for.

My condolences to his family. Like I said in the other thread, he was developing himself into a well-respected actor. A lot of work down the drain. Yes, it happens all the time, but what are you going to do, ignore every death until it happens to someone close to you? 'Least learn to appreciate life a little bit more.

13. aznramenboi

aznramenboi Well-Known Member

That's extremely unfair and in my opinion, very untrue. Because I don't know him personally, I can't feel pity or sorrow for him without looking for some kind of attention? This may be true for you, I don't know, but I'd like to think that humans aren't that incredulously narcissistic. My question is,when people who haven't said a word about his death feel sorry for him, where would the attention be coming from? Thin air?

Why are people so quick upon coming to the conclusion of suicide without any substantial evidence? I would wait 'till I know the facts before I make any generalizations on him.

Furthermore, missions to third world nations in general make me incredibly sad. Not only because of the circumstances in which the people in third world nations live, but the very premise of a mission as well.

14. Semper-Fi

Semper-Fi Well-Known Member

Ummmmm i have no pity for him at all. A lesson to all the dumb people out there...read the back of ur sleeping pills for the direction of use...

15. [-PE-] Ghost

Ok so then you just post to try and put Heath down and make yourself feel better, very nice.