Heath F'n Ledger

Discussion in 'Movies' started by jamesx, Feb 22, 2009.

1. EBK

EBK Senior Member

is it just me who felt that it was given to him out of pity?

2. BabyLeo

BabyLeo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say Downey Jr did a horrible job, it just wasn't Oscar material. I absolutely loved the idea though. "I'm a dude playing a dude playing a dude."

3. cvf4

cvf4 Active Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQHfoz9Be7U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQHfoz9Be7U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

'Nuff said

4. pwnzor

pwnzor Senior Member

Awesome actor. Deserved the Oscar, he would have gotten it even if he was alive, it was just more publicized since he's dead.

5. Lefthanded

Lefthanded Gentlemen of Leisure

[​IMG]

6. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

Which is why your post is entirely useless in this thread.

It has almost nothing to do with his death. The Dark Knight is one of the highest grossing films in *history* (#4 in the world, #2 in the US) and without a doubt he was the one who made that film a success. Christian Bale's acting as a lead role was sub par compared to a supporting actor, Harvey Dent was a character hardly depicted accurately or often, and the only other person you saw in the movie was Rachel Dawes who... basically had nothing to do with the actual storyline except adding some romance to a movie that shouldn't really have a lot of romance in it.

As someone else put it, Heath was not at all in The Dark Knight, the Joker was. The *only* other way to portray exactly how demented the Joker was is with comics. Heath did, hands down, the best joker acting job anyone could have expected, on the highest grossing film of '08 and nearly one of the highest in the history of film making, once again, largely because of Heath's performance (and yes, his death) in the movie.

There isn't a single doubt in my mind Heath would have lost the oscar even if he was alive, but I can't honestly state that being dead (not to mention the fact he died while stressing himself out to perfect the role in the first place) didn't help his chances some.

7. pwnzor

pwnzor Senior Member

Game over.