Headphone/ Earphone Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Bleak, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Darkmage

Darkmage Senior Member

I own a pair of Panasonic RP-HTX7-K1 Monitor headphones, and I absolutely love them.

They pretty much fit all of your requirements and are reasonably cheap. On top of that, they look awesome. However, if you want really crisp, clear sound for the type of music you listen to, you need to "burn them in" for about 24 hours on moderately loud music. This prevents them from buzzing on treble and higher bass tones later.

Panasonic RP-HTX7-K1

I strongly recommend these headphones for good price, looks, comfort and audio quality.

In fact, the only negative I can think of is the short cable. It's only about 1.5 - 2 feet long, which doesn't allow much room. However, extensions are cheap so... whatever.

2. Coolguy

Coolguy Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bose is like Monster Cable's. Its good, but way too expensive compared to the competition.

3. Enigma2.0

Enigma2.0 Well-Known Member

Razer gaming head sets rule. i love the look and great sound for all round audio

4. Bleak

Bleak Well-Known Member

Yeah, also really like the design; I just wish one place would have them sitting out so you could try them. =/ That is why I like the Grados as well, I did get a chance to try them out, too.

Anyways... I ended up getting the Sennheiser 280 Pros for $55 off eBay and they so far have not disappointed (too much bass, though :().

I've never liked the Skullcandies, my brother had the Smokin' Buds and some over the ear set and neither satisfied my taste (way too bassy). I also don't like the Bose Triports, my Super.fi 3s are a lot nicer and cheaper... One again all of the Bose headphones/earphones I've tried had too much bass.

----------------
    Now playing on Winamp: Isis - Hall of the Dead
    via FoxyTunes