Hdtv For Computer Useage

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by xX ParaDox, Oct 16, 2007.

1. xX ParaDox

xX ParaDox Well-Known Member

So, with my new pc im building later im planning to get a 1080p HDTV. I noticed that I found a DLP TV within my price range http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16889248012 . Though I'm kinda concerned about the bulb wearing out for 24/7 pc usaged and such. My price range is $2000 max, I'd really like it to be in the $1,700 area to be nice. Any suggestions to get, though it has to be 1080p. I also saw http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16889248018 which is in my price range but id like something in the 46" range without breaking the budget.

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Senior Member

if are planing to leave the computer on 24/7 I would suggest LCD plasma's are prone to burn-ins if there isnt constant movement on the screen for long periods of time. I suggest just googling the ---'s and cons of each option I dont know much about DLP though

3. xX ParaDox

Yeah, I was planning to get a LCD but at the price range for a good 1080p is really expensive for the size and such.

4. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

5. xX ParaDox

6. AKW

AKW Senior Member

For this I would stick with Samsung right now.

Samsung has a nice set of LCD's for gamers that cut down heat, lag, and other things to slow down TV performance. It is the "Game Mode" setting, and I have seen it compared and it is LOVELY for gaming and PC usage. That is what I went with.