Harry Potter Vii

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lordofgames, Jul 15, 2007.

1. lordofgames

lordofgames Member

With the release of HP 7 just around the corner, lots of rumors are going on about who lives and who dies. There are many discussions going on at the moment on some of these questions.

1) Will Harry potter die?

Pretty basic question to ask yet rather hard to answer. Killing such a loved character will be difficult, but is quite obvious that JKR has no intentions of writing a similar book to HP, therefore the most obvious way of finishing the book would be to kill the main person.

2) Snape: Good or Bad?

I myself have been involved in lots of debates in this. Though it is obvious now, Snape has to be a good guy. We had pointed out these that prove it:

1. Snape had once said to Dumbledore that he "couldn't do it". Maybe, at that time Albus Dumbledore had asked Snape to kill him which Snape didn't want to do. Before Dumbledore was killed, he had said, "Severus....please...."; which might have meant "Don't hesitate and kill me now or they'll bust you". It completely makes sense to me.

2. Why would Snape not take Harry to Voldemort, when he could easily do so. Well, sure, he was not allowed to hurt Harry, but curses like the Body-Binding Curse (used by Hermione in the first book against Neville) doesn't exactly kill or hurt anyone. He could have easily apparated away with him.

3. Why? Why would Snape say, "Blocked again and again and again until you learn to keep your mouth shut and your mind closed, Potter!" . You do realize that "closing your mind" is the only way Voldemort can NOT reach to Harry's mind. Why would he teach when he is fleeing?

3) Harry: Horcrux or not?

Why does Harry have a SCAR, when Avada Kevadra spell doesn't leave a mark on the victim? And the powers of Lord Voldemort if he is not a horcrux? Only the HEIR of SLYTHERIN could open the chamber of secrets, Harry wasn't one, yet was able to open it. The only other time it was opened by Ginny Weasley who was with Tom Riddle's Diary, a known Horcrux.

There are lot of other discussions going on as well. Does Harry kill Vold. himself?

What are your plans for the book? Are you planning to buy it on the release date itself?

2. Bl00dFox

Bl00dFox Well-Known Member

1. Yes.

2. Snape is good

3. Harry is a horcrux and has to sacrifice himself in order to kill voldy

3. Zohair

Zohair Formerly zohBOT

Isn't it the "Deadly Hallows"?

4. Nasuul

Nasuul Well-Known Member

why wont they just kill off the annoying snot so movie makers can spend their money on making actual interesting movies...

5. TrueGFX

TrueGFX Well-Known Member

lol i have not seen any hp movies.

6. Tyro

Tyro Well-Known Member

I own all the DVDs that've been released, and am going to see the 5th tonight.. I think I'm gonna try to read all the books this summer; just for something extra to do... Since I already have all the books, just haven't read them. Or maybe I'll just read the 6th & 7th.. Dunno.. Haven't really decided yet.

7. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

Entertainment.....

Interesting points.

8. dinges

dinges Senior Member

yes, it is

@ lordofgames: I'm agreeing with you on most of your points, Harry will Probly die because he's the horcrux, snape I'm not really sure about, but I'm hoping he'll turn out to be a good guy.... but I'm also still hoping dumbledore is stille alive.... (seriously, there's so much about that scene that doesn't feels right: why was dumbledore blown off the tower by the spell, it's supposed to kill you where you stand, where was the phoenix? he always shows up wheb dumbledore or harry are in trouble, and now, when tehy're both in danger, he just doesn't show up.....)

9. dementia

dementia Well-Known Member

1) Yes
    2) Not sure
    3) Yes

J.K. Rowling stated in a few interviews that Dumbledore will not be returning, that he is indeed dead, and you have to remember that spells can be casted without being spoken out loud. HOWEVER, all Hogwart's headmasters portraits are placed in the headmaster's room after their death, so Dumbledore's portrait is now available to talk to for advice when needed.

She has also stated 2 characters will die, whether good or bad, not sure.

Snape has so much evidence pointing in all directions its hard to make a clear decision.

10. Nigerianrulz

Nigerianrulz Well-Known Member

now i read this i do think harry is going to die

but u know how with most books and movies good always overcome bad and stuff.
    so i think there is like a way of bringing harry back but saraficing someone else instead like neville? coz he would be the chosen one if voldy didnt choose harry u know...
    that fact is support that the fact many kids read this book and with the main character dying isnt good i think, lol some kids might even cry if u know what im saying

11. designernr1

designernr1 New Member

Not really my kind of books HP but this one rocks I think :P

12. Renagade

Renagade Senior Member

She said only two main characters will die.

13. Waffles?

Waffles? Member

1: No

2: Snape is nuteral yet leaning toward good

3: Doubt it but very possible If he was a horcrux and got a scar from that, then why didn't the snake get one?

14. ChunkyGerbil

ChunkyGerbil Well-Known Member

i wanna see it

15. dinges

dinges Senior Member

I bought the book this morning, even though I'm on vacation :P
    I'm around page 300 and damn it's strange.... especially the beginning is crazy :eek:

anyway, I'll post more when I'm done reading and back from vacation :P