Hardcore & Metal Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Neuron, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Skoll

Skoll Senior Member

that one is pretty awesome, whats it called?

2. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Escape from the Zombie EP.

There's about 5 songs on it. It's about a zombie outbreak lol.

3. Za¡n

Za¡n KEEP IT CLEAN

yeah Devil wears has definitely stepped there game up, i was a fan of plagues and a few songs of that last album, most of the songs of their lastest LP blew though gotta be honest. Anatomy with the chainsaw revving in the beginning is just a straight up brutal song, the first 3 songs on zombie are my favorites, revive has a pretty legit beginning then just kinda falls apart and starts sounding like something off "with roots above..."

Definitely lookin forward to their next LP though for sure.

As i Lay Dyings lastest LP is definitely a good listen too.

4. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Just finished listening to Pierce the Veil's new LP - Selfish Machines.

It's a lot better than their last effort. More experimental but they still manage to throw in some nice hardcore moments. Vocals are on point as well.

Definitely worth the listen if you're into bands like Chiodos and Emarosa.

And I agree with As I Lay Dying. Their latest is pretty nice.

5. FleazZz

FleazZz Senior Member

Any grind fans?

6. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Pig Destroyer. :)

7. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Neuron, I had a listen to United Nations. Turns out I had some of their stuff in my iTunes without realizing it. Hoarding good/obscure music is a hobby of mine, so I accumulate faster than I can listen to it (literally. I normally do about 3-5gig a day, so I would have to listen to 2 songs simultaneously every waking minute to keep up).

They're really good. Kinda reminds me of some of Converges older stuff (which is an impressive feat, since Converge is one of my all time favourite bands).

8. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

So I got around to downloading the leaked version of Bring Me the Horizon's new album, There is a Hell... (etc etc).

Now, I really hate most fans of this band, but I do enjoy their music and I try to put aside Oliver Syke's obnoxious personality and focus on the music.

I have to say that their latest effort is actually a good album from start to finish. Not only do the guitars finally have some variation and they are tuned differently in each song, something Suicide Season suffered from; everything sounded the same, but they've finally broke out of their metalcorish sound and tried a lot of new things.

With Suicide Season you saw them introduce some electronic sounds into their songs. It sounded decent at best. In this one it's a lot more prominent and serves as a foundation for quite a few songs.

The main thing I actually love is that there isn't a single stupid song on there. Every song has substance and is at a decent length... something that Count Your Blessings had and was lost in Suicide Season with those cringe-worthy 1:00-1:30 minute songs, most of which had horrible lyrics and was a symbol that the band itself had lost some creativity and just made random shit.

Overall it's a very good album and it's turning a lot of BMTH haters into fans, which is well deserved because they are incredibly talented. Their new rhythm guitarist Jona Weinhofen brings in some refreshing riffs and more experience than their previous, and the inclusion of some serious guest artists like vocalists from The Chariot and You Me at Six is a great step forward. One of the songs that features Josh Franceshi actually makes me wish they had a clean vocalist in their band because it fits in so well.

My only problem with it is the lack pure screaming vocals, the ones found in Count Your Blessings and This is What the Edge of Your Seat Was Made For.

9. Omerta

Omerta Member

It's hard to claim metallica as a band that sucks. Maybe today they do but you can not deny their influence in the thrash scene from the 80s and 90s. With out bands like them possibly some wouldnt be around now... but as a band today they suck but you can never refute "Battery" or even "Master Of Puppets"

10. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Wut.

11. Majin

Majin Senior Member

I hate Metallica with a passion and i can't stand either of those songs.

12. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

Metallica is like Miley Cyrus.

13. Neuron

Neuron Senior Member

Metallica is like Justin Bieber.

14. HMBioHazard

HMBioHazard Member

i like some metal. seems like metal has turned into screamo at a fast tempo

15. inverse

inverse Banned from GR

No, metal is in exactly the same shitty place it's always been. Some screamo has just turned into Metal, is all.