Happy Holidays Or Merry Christmas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blazeman, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Well this has become such a big issue on FOX lately. I don't get it this is a holiday for those who celebrate the birth of Jesus....but since its such a big holiday everyone celebrates it even the warm loving Muslims...who are just so peaceful....:P

But back to the topic come on what the hell Christmas= Birth of Jesus not lets all just give presents to each other.

And i'm sorry to say this but Santa isn't real :) First Christmas i have bought gifts for everyone and now i'm dead broke :)

-blaze

2. SniperStud

SniperStud Well-Known Member

lol this is your first christmas you got gifts for people, lol thas funny i know how the bein broke thing goes, im right there too

3. Twerp

Twerp Well-Known Member

I think that it should be happy holidays because there are more holidays in December than just Christmas. And with happy holidays, it gives respect to them all, with Merry Christmas going to just Christains.

And if your atheist, the holiday is aimed at the 2-3 week break off of school :D

4. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Well not everone is religious, and most kids now are brought up somehow getting the mindset that Christmas is just a time where you get free stuff for no reason. So it's just a weird topic, you can't really sit there and say "This is wrong, people should say/do this" or whatever because in the end it's what you make of it.

^Twerp: 2-3 weeks?! Lucky, we're only getting the next week off, then we're back the Tuesday after the new year.

5. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

Its funny you spend the first 17 to 18 years recieving ...now its buy a present for each member of the family ...that just freakin kills my wallet trust me i have spider webs in it right now its sad :(

6. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Three cheers for growing up, eh? I must say, I'm not really looking forward to that much. But I'm sure it'll feel nice to actually give something worthwhile.

7. Twerp

Twerp Well-Known Member

HAHAHHAHAH :P

Some colleges let kids have the entire month off (because their semester is over)

8. Blazeman

Blazeman Am I Evil?

I'm not saying they should but don't be going around protesting that it should be happy holidays... You came into this country and they were strong Christian believers. So you should be honored not only to live in America but respect the traditions we already share here in America. And for one thing they get a holiday for it so WTF is there problem.

9. Scooby.05

Scooby.05 Senior Member

Yeah, my schools being retarded this year. We started September 2nd, christmas break is a week, we get a whole two days for "Winter Break". But hey! We'll get off on June 17th again because of snow days.

10. cooolway

cooolway Well-Known Member

Christ wasn't even born in December, he was born in May. The first evidence of Christmas celebration was 273 BC, meaning 273 yeares after Christ's death. The whole Santa, trees, reindeer, present-giving, and the star on the top of the trees were after Rome's cultural celebration. So, if you think about it, CHRISTMAS IS CRAP. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH JESUS CHRIST. MANY CHRISTIANS DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISMAS AT ALL.

11. demonpants

demonpants Well-Known Member

doesn any1 actualy care abou when he was born.
    only old people go to church its a dieng breed

12. Greasy Pete

Greasy Pete Senior Member

i dont think it matters. though it could be a little selfesh is you say merry christmas, and you assume that one is christian

13. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

my cousins are atheists and they celebrate christmas, though not in a religious manner, more a secular manner which involves exchanging gifts. That being said, who gives a damn about what you call the time of the season, there are more important things behind it- for me, the birth of my savior: for everyone being with family and friends.

14. scarletham

scarletham Well-Known Member

Personally, I think it's pointless trying to be politcally correct and not offend anyone by saying Happy Holidays because in doing that, youre offending Christians, such as myself, because youre taking away the meaning of Christmas, which essentially is Christs name. But I guess it depends on your point of view.

15. Jamesio

Jamesio Well-Known Member

It's Happy Holidays, unless you want to include Chanukkah, Chinese New Year, Kwanza, Festivous and such when you say Merry Christmas.