Halo 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GAm3rX, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Shourisha1

Shourisha1 Well-Known Member

Any real reason you think that all of this will happen? Or is it just something you WANT to happen?

2. Birel06

Birel06 Well-Known Member

No dude, that is just my guess of what will happen IF it does. Which I guarantee 4 does happen, because it is one of the biggest money making games ever...

3. duckieking

duckieking Well-Known Member

I think that they'll be releasing another game in the Halo Universe, not called Halo
    Maybe take it to another genre like they did with Halo Wars?
    I mean the plot is kinda all worked out. The worst they can do now IMO is to go back to the beginning of time and to the Spartan's training :P
    The whole point of the game is that you're a supersoldier with immense capabilities. Not some Teen which is in training to be one later :P
    Other fps make it so that you move about slow, can't jump high etc. this is to me what makes it so much better than other fps (take Gears Of War f.e.).
    The story is kinda easy, but so are other gaming backgrounds.

They will probably continue to milk out their main money-maker for now though :/ It's just too big a market to be laid to rest.

4. Shourisha1

I don't think I want to play a game based off of their training. That's what the first Halo novel was. It was good, but their training wouldn't have made well for a game.

Though, it would be nice to play a game based on some of the spartan's earlier missions, or a game involving more than one spartan. It'd be something similar to a Socom game, where you issue commands.

5. Papermache

Papermache Well-Known Member

People should really look into things before they start spouting 'facts' about them. There is a rumor going around that there could possibly be a Halo 4 coming. This RUMOR also states that it will be the launch title for the next-gen xbox and that it will not be made by Bungie, but by the company responsible for porting Halo 2 to the PC, Gearbox. Adding factual evidence to this rumor, Bungie has clearly stated countless times that it will not be making a Halo 4. It is developing a new trilogy that may or may not be in the same universe as halo and it most certainly will not feature master chief. The rest is just rumor.

6. Shourisha1

And what facts have we been spouting?

7. Reality Particle

Reality Particle Member

I have no idea what's going on in this thread so I'll state what I know. Some of it might be obvious and talked about, but what the hell.

-Halo Wars is coming out early next year. It's more of a prequel to the Chief Trilogy.

-Peter Jackson's Halo game is still coming out, it'll probably surface next year. Hell, it might even come out late next year.

-Microsoft is building a huge in-house team to work on Halo because they own the ip(Bungie still gets payed). This team includes Frank O'Connor(father of all that is Halo) and Corrinne Yu(She's a ------ing genius).

8. mantis33

mantis33 Banned from GR

Because naming it Halo = making money.

9. Reality Particle

Reality Particle Member

There's also the fact that the Halo Universe is alot bigger then just the Chief.

10. SM Ciel

SM Ciel Well-Known Member

Gearbox is working on something...

11. THC + K00lAid

THC + K00lAid Well-Known Member

i think its a rumor tbh.

12. Shourisha1

Didn't Gearbox do some sort of squad based FPS? I could have sworn they did, was thinking it was Brother's in Arms, but, I could be mistaken. If that's the case, perhaps we'll see a game based in the earlier time frame of Halo, when the Spartan 2's were still in combat. I wouldn't mind seeing a squad based Halo shooter.

13. Kyo`

Kyo` Well-Known Member

I think it they did make Brothers in Arms, being a huge halo fan I'd love another addition to the story but a different one at that

Like Birel said an earlier chapter would be epic not Contact Harvest though, Fall of Reach would be awesome, Gray Team, Sigma Octanus IV, Jericho VII, something involving the original Spartan II teams. Although, if they did make a new Halo hopefully they give it a fresh face, I'd like them to keep the Chief but develop his character more sure the silent protagonist was cool but it leaves you a bit cold afterwards in my opinion

Some interesting ideas here, if you've got the time to read it give it a go, I lol'd at 64 vs 64

I'm also looking forward to Halo Wars, if I ever get the chance to play games anymore ;__;

14. Disillusion

Disillusion Well-Known Member

The next Halo won't have the chief in it.

15. Broken

Broken Well-Known Member

I have to disagree with changing the character, personally I'd be less interested in Halo if you weren't playing as MC, MC's the...MC!.

+ Halo 4 has been rumoured, but people need to stop QQing about Bungie, Bungie + Microsoft have seperated, Microsoft like money. Halo 4 could well be (And I suspect strongly it will be) in the works.

Give it 2 years, we'll see Halo 4. But people need to stop saying they know people who work at Bungie, because they don't.