Halo 4?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TonicX57, Feb 12, 2008.

1. TonicX57

TonicX57 Senior Member

Do you think they'll make Halo 4? If so, when do you think it'll happen? I think they will make it because of how successful Bungie has been with the previous 3 games. They just can't let up an opportunity like Halo 4.

2. xlink

xlink GR's Tech Enthusiast

Microsoftis an evil money grabbing monopolistic company.

there will be a halo10 if they can get away wth it. It will be rushed, it will be low budget, it will be below the rest of the industry as far as overall quality goes.
    and M$ will put the rest of the money into marketting and it will sell very very well.

that's how M$ works.

3. 614-TM

614-TM Well-Known Member

4. TonicX57

TonicX57 Senior Member

5. pianoman0723

pianoman0723 Well-Known Member

pfffft. theyre still in microsofts pocket. all the split means is that bungie doesnt have to do what M$ tells them. i dont think theyll make halo 4, but i think M$ will still pursue it.

6. rueterj

rueterj Certified IT Professional

It will be... without Bungie.

iff they release a Halo 4+ it won't be from bungie, which makes me think they won't be making a Halo 4, Bungie JUST got out of their contract with Msft. after halo 3, and I don't think they are going to be that eager to jump right into another one.

7. TonicX57

TonicX57 Senior Member

But that's just it. Now that Bungie split up with Microsoft, they aren't rushed to a release date causing a failure like Halo 2. Bungie has all the time they need. And as long as they get paid, I'm sure they wouldn't mind making another sequel.

8. rueterj

Them making another sequel would require them to stick with Msft. for another 5 years or so.

Without any sort of intellectual freedom from Msft. That means, Halo sequels and Halo spinoffs out the ass for Bungie....And I am pretty sure, they would like to, someday, do their own thing...

9. TonicX57

TonicX57 Senior Member

Well they're still somewhat with Microsoft. Bungie will still use Microsoft to distribute the games and stuff, but Microsoft doesn't have control over Bungie.

10. rueterj

"Microsoft doesn't have control over Bungie."

right, which gives them a right to make and release what they want. If they wanted to make a Barbie game, they could, and microsoft wouldn't be breathing down their necks, forcing them to put a .50 cal sniper rifle in Ken's hand.

11. TonicX57

TonicX57 Senior Member

But Bungie realizes how successful Halo is. They wouldn't make any stupid games. But it's possible they will change series, who knows. Take for example Marathon. Very successful, but wore out after a while. I mean, Halo may get old after a while so they'll have to change eventually. But they know what people like, and they'll probably stick with their sci-fi because that's what they're good at. So they may make Halo 4, but it could fail because people want something new.

12. rueterj

Personally, I am not a big fan of Halo, AT ALL....I think it's one of the worst games ever created, right after the Mary-Kate and Ashley, gameboy games...lol...but, I suppose that is because I prefer realism...I am a bit of a graphics whore.....

I love COD4.....it's absolutely amazing, it's everything you could ever want in a game....

I love Assassin's Creed.

I love Racing games...lol

and I love Battlefield 2, whicch I suppose is because it was the first game that made me feel like I had a badass computer......haha

But yes, I think Bungie should change pace, a little bit at least. They don't need to beat the Halo dead horse anymore......

but then again, the current market trend seems to be, "Why innovate, when you can rennovate."

no one has new ideas anymore...

13. RoidMonkey

RoidMonkey Well-Known Member

Bugie won't use Microsoft to make a release they don't need microsoft.

14. rueterj

"Bugie won't use Microsoft to make a release they don't need microsoft. "

Have they yet?

maybe they do....

maybe the Microsoft name was the only thing that was helping Bungie's warez sell.....

You can't just say that without any sort of evidence or inside knowledge to support it, Bungie could just flop without microsoft.....you never know.
    It's been nearly a year since the release of Halo 3, and we have heard nothing from Bungie that would imply a new project....

15. Hadouken

Hadouken Well-Known Member

God I hope not.