Gun/bullet Calibur

Discussion in 'Spam Heaven' started by White Tiger, Sep 11, 2006.

1. White Tiger

White Tiger Well-Known Member

Does the calibur of gun' s bullet nescessarily reflect how hard it will kick when fired? I have had past experiences using shotguns (Winchester hunting rifles) and I hate that nasty recoil I get. It hurts the shoulder for me, but maybe that' s cause I am not used to it. Also, I just wanna get into using scoped rifles.

2. SniperStud

SniperStud Well-Known Member

use a 22 rifle with a scope : D

3. BeatdownT

BeatdownT Well-Known Member

yes sort of

desert eagles have same cal as snipers but theh kick might not be as much but it will definitly be out there lol

4. HydrogeN

HydrogeN Well-Known Member

The grain of the bullet used also has a factor in the recoil.

I use a 30-06 with a 180 grain bullet for deer hunting, kicks pretty good, but I usually only shoot once, and you will get used to the kick, main thing I do, is squeeze the trigger a little bit at a time, so you dont know when the gun is going to go off, keeps you from jerking cause you know the gun is going to kick.

I have seen many a hunter, jerk before they pull the trigger, and end up shooting off and not hitting the target, because they are scared of the recoil. Just go to the gun range and practice pulling the trigger and not knowing when the gun is going to go off, will help your shots hit the target better and more consistent.

5. beastiekid

beastiekid Well-Known Member

-_-

use a 30.06 with a 180 grain like HydrogeN said

6. SM RxBandits

SM RxBandits Senior Member

the recoil does change. a 22 has barely any recoil. doesnt hurt at all. but if you shoot a 50 cal. then its going to have more recoil.

7. ferret

ferret Well-Known Member

As Hydrogen said, the grain does affect the bullet somewhat. A seventy-odd-something grain .223 round will probably not kick as hard as say, a one-eighty grain .308 round. If you're shooting a handgun, try using a revolver to learn to not jerk the trigger. Don't slap it, squeeze it. What I was taught to do was have another person load about half a mag (~three rounds) in a different order, then hand me the weapon. I then shoot as if it were loaded, sighting in etc. I wouldn't know when it would go off, and as such I'd squeeze the trigger as if it were empty. It takes practice, but you'll learn to squeeze it eventually.

You can't slap the trigger. You don't need to flinch/jump/whatever in anticipation, either. Relax, breathe, squeeze - that's all you need to do.